• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

**Found** Looking for reliable car for new driver

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
"* Found**

The grand-daughter is about to start driving, so we are in the market for a reliable either Honda or Toyota for her. I prefer these two brands because of their reputations. Hoping to keep it under $5K, and prefer to get it from someone I can trust.. like one of you fine gentlemen :-P

Last edited:
Re: Looking for reliable car for new driver

Good luck with your search.
We just picked up an '04 Nissan Sentra that my daughter will be driving. We got it from a dealer here in San Antonio, probably even overpaid a little even though it ran us about $5k. It's a stick, so I've been using in about once or twice a week to keep it moving, and it is kinda fun.

It's up in Denton and not a Japanese car but my friends dad is selling a 2002 Buick LeSabre for $2000 I believe. 125k miles.
Sun damage on that dash is the only issue I believe but ac and leather.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

It's up in Denton and not a Japanese car but my friends dad is selling a 2002 Buick LeSabre for $2000 I believe. 125k miles.
Sun damage on that dash is the only issue I believe but ac and leather.

Sounds nice, but I'd rather stick to the Japanese brands. Thanks.

Sounds nice, but I'd rather stick to the Japanese brands. Thanks.
No problem, I am of the same persuasion personally.

can she drive a stick shift?

i have a 2008 Scion xD (toyota)i bought new that my wife has been driving.... now she wants another pick-up

No, gotta be an auto. Thanks.

Still looking.. :cool2:

Still looking.. :cool2:

Rydah, I am selling my 2011 Honda CR-V. Just bought a new Highlander for the additional towing capacity (hoping to get a camper) and need to sell the Honda.

I am the original owner of the car. Bought it new in 2010. It has been THE most reliable car I've ever owned.

It now has close to 129k miles on it and it had it's very first repair @ 126k miles for an A/C compressor replacement. It literally has never been in the shop for anything other than maintenance (oil, tires, fluids, etc.).

Just bought tires for it at 111k miles, and replaced the battery 3 weeks ago (5 days after I bought my Highlander!).

Easily 75% of the miles are highway miles as it has been our primary vacation vehicle. We love road trips and we've have been all over the US with it. This car has a lot of life left.

I've kept a fairly detailed record of all the maintenance on a spreadsheet.

PM me if interested.

EDIT:
Oops. Just reread you original post and noticed the $5000 max. KBB for it is $6,800 so it is a bit out of your range. If you know someone else who wants a very reliable car, please refer them to this thread.

Below are some pics:

VWmDTis.jpg

g7fXvsM.jpg

Vq6MS4K.jpg

fIbUhXE.jpg

oq0PbsX.jpg

sy8fWlR.jpg

Fd5pibQ.jpg

Last edited:

Wow, that's a super nice CRV, and I love those vehicles, but unfortunately, we already found something. Thanks, Mick, and hope someone will take you up on the offer.

Back