• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Guy in Dallas Area

scratch said:
Got it.

I've been toying with the idea of trading for the new Tiger myself. Compared to a Speed Triple, the ergonomics feel very relaxed, so I guess it's all a matter of perspective. ;-)

The ergonomics of the new Tiger are great, don't get me wrong. They just weren't quite right for me. Like you mentioned, it is truly all perspective. Another factor involved some future aspirations. I have read Rebecca's? blog involving her trip through New Mexico and Arizona quite a bit. I haven't enjoyed reading something so much in a long time. I sure would like to make some trips, at least to West Texas in the future. I have never gotten out of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area on a motorcycle. The sportbike I had before kept me in town. I sure would like to make some trips in the future, if I ever get up the nerve. The 06 Tiger seemed to afford a little more room for gear and maybe even a passenger. Who knows though, it will probably be like everything else with me, I'll talk about what I would like to do and never do it.

AutoRotate said:
T Who knows though, it will probably be like everything else with me, I'll talk about what I would like to do and never do it.

It all starts with a dream. A year and a half ago, all my motorcycle adventures were from 29 years ago, and I'm an amateur compared to most on this site when it comes to adventures (I've never ridden with a monkey or a chicken.) However, maybe this will inspire you a little:
Some of my trips are here.

Clay, I thought I'd let you know that I live in South Garland also, near Broadway and Wynn-Joyce. So if you ever want to spend a couple minutes checking out the Givi it would be no problem.

Larry

Larrypv said:
Clay, I thought I'd let you know that I live in South Garland also, near Broadway and Wynn-Joyce. So if you ever want to spend a couple minutes checking out the Givi it would be no problem.

Larry

Thanks again for the offer, Larry. You are definitely just right up the road. I am near Duck Creek and Broadway. Take care and be safe!

Back