• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

From behind the pine curtain

Judson

Reaction score
Hi. The name's Jerry. I started riding when I was about 13, but stopped a couple years later. I didn't ride for most of my adult life. I started again in 2001 at the tender age of 47. If you've got some time to waste, you can see the bikes I've fiddled with at

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/combest

I try to ride every weekend. Mostly, I head for the nearest FM road and cruise, cruise, cruise. It kind of recharges my sanity in preparation for the next work week.

I've been on many, many motorcycle-related websites in the last 6 years. How I've managed to totally miss Two Wheeled Texans until now is beyond me. I'd like to thank pub610 (Bill) for letting me know about the group. From what I've seen so far, it seems like a fine bunch of people.

My bikes of choice since 2001 have all been cruisers, but I'm intrigued lately by sport-tourers. We'll see where that takes me.

I was born and raised in the Longview area and have lived here all my life. My handle, "Judson", I took from the community near (now a part of) Longview where I grew up.

I'm looking forward to getting more familiar with the group, and meeting some of you face-to-face in the near future. Historically, I read a LOT more posts than I create, but I hope to have something to contribute from time to time.

Ride safe.

:welcome:, Jerry!

There is an East Texas group that meets the second Thursday of the month - dutchinterceptor usually starts a thread on where it is (he seems to be one of few that can find the list :-P )

I have been known to visit as well, hope to meet you sometime...

What is the bike in your avatar picture? Kinda looks like a Honda 50 from waaay back...

Last edited:
Chuck...

The bike is my first one, a Suzuki 50. The pic is from about '67. The bike was well-used by the time I bought it for $50. It was probably a '64 or '65 model.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome!! Jerry my name is Ronnie and I live in Alto, not too far from you and my daugther and grand kids live in White Oak. Hope to ride with you sometime.

I will add to the welcome messages! Lots of good riding in these old Piney Woods. The picture on my avatar is also from around '66 or '67.

Welcome!
Hey, you aren't too far from us! We should get together and ride... Know any good gravel/dirt roads up there in Longview? I just got a dualsport this weekend and am dying to play. Howard also wants to get some off-road practice with his R80ST.

Jerry, Great to see you've taken the plunge and introduced yourself. You'll find most of the folks on the board to be decent people and the convo mostly civilized. (How 'bout that for equivocation?;-) )
The East Texas subset of the bike admiration society meets for dinner second Thursdays at 6:30. In March we're at AJ's in Overton... Watch the upcoming rides thread, it's likely at least one other rider from Longview will be heading down.

Welcome Jerry.
Looks like you got hooked on Vulcans, but I can understand why. :sun:

flame 650 said:
Welcome!! Jerry my name is Ronnie and I live in Alto, not too far from you and my daugther and grand kids live in White Oak. Hope to ride with you sometime.

Ronnie...

Thanks for the welcome!

DANNYROTH said:
I will add to the welcome messages! Lots of good riding in these old Piney Woods. The picture on my avatar is also from around '66 or '67.

Danny, it looks like you were sporting more displacement than I was back then. Which make of bike is that?

pub610 said:
Jerry, Great to see you've taken the plunge and introduced yourself. You'll find most of the folks on the board to be decent people and the convo mostly civilized. (How 'bout that for equivocation?;-) )
The East Texas subset of the bike admiration society meets for dinner second Thursdays at 6:30. In March we're at AJ's in Overton... Watch the upcoming rides thread, it's likely at least one other rider from Longview will be heading down.

Bill, great to hear from you! I'll try to keep my second Thursdays open.

bedlam said:
Welcome!
Hey, you aren't too far from us! We should get together and ride... Know any good gravel/dirt roads up there in Longview? I just got a dualsport this weekend and am dying to play. Howard also wants to get some off-road practice with his R80ST.

Thanks for the welcome! But... I'm not as up on the dirt roads around here as I was when I was a kid, and the Vulcan seems to prefer asphalt. :)

Judson said:
Danny, it looks like you were sporting more displacement than I was back then. Which make of bike is that?

The bike was a BSA Bantam, 125CC. 2 cycle. That bike is probably why the initials BSA are taken by some to mean "Ba***rd Stopped Again!" It would get hot and the piston would seize up :doh: Wait for 15 to 20 minutes and go again. :rider:

By the way, the pic was taken in San Pedro Sula, Honduras.

Longview? I have connections in Longview. I live in Dallas but my best friend lives in Longview. He owns the two Pack N Mail mailing centers in Longview. I'm headed over to see him Thursday. I do most of my riding between Dallas and Longview (backroads).

Keep an eye out for the East Texas M&Gs on this site. Friendly people and great places to eat.

rickmillertx said:
Longview? I have connections in Longview. I live in Dallas but my best friend lives in Longview. He owns the two Pack N Mail mailing centers in Longview. I'm headed over to see him Thursday. I do most of my riding between Dallas and Longview (backroads).

Keep an eye out for the East Texas M&Gs on this site. Friendly people and great places to eat.

Rick...

I think I know the guy you're talking about, if he's usually staffing the P&M next to Target. Don't know his name, but he's always helpful, friendly, and has a smile for the customer.

Back