• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member looking for help.

Reaction score
Hello to all. I live in New Braunfels.I have ridden motorcycles of all types most of my life. Got my motorcycle license in 1978. Just bought a 07 klr 650. It has only 5656 miles on it. I bought this bike in S.A. it had a broken doohickey.I thought no sweat, fix that and Ill have a great bike to play on. Well made the repairs but am still having issues. It seems to still vibrate too much and un adjust its self in just a short ride. I wonder if Anyone can help me with this problem? its like riding a two wheeled jackhammer.

Tricepilot IS the expert for sure. But if you ask me it sounds like you have a problem with the counter balance. If the doohickey was broken it may have caused the counter balance chain to jump a cog or two and is therefore now out of sync. That would cause the "jackhammer" effect.

LOL...I find it amazing that a part is actually called a doohickey by the riders of said bike.

I'm sure Tricepilot has everything he needs to perform this miracle, but I'd love to come and watch the process. I've been a mechanic for years, but relegated to cars, really. I've been riding for decades, but done really relatively minor maintenance (removing, rebuilding, re-installing a motor is trivial, and not what I consider worthy).

I'm just around the corner, so if you guys do set this up, let me know.

LOL...I find it amazing that a part is actually called a doohickey by the riders of said bike.

Not just the riders of the bike, but even by the vendors that sell the new and improved parts. Strange, but then again KLR riders seem to be a pretty strange bunch anyway.:-)

How did it turn out? I know nothing of KLRs but am close and willing
To stare at it and take wild guesses if you want to swing by

And looks like besides a love of bikes and cars we are also about the same age as I got my license in 76

Yipee!! Bike is fixed! jfink was right. It was off 3 teeth. All good now Im so happy what a fun bike. Yes budzrex lets meet. PM me a address or whatever. Thanks for the nice welcome guys. I intend to ride down the beach in Port A. next weekend Ill post a pic.

Yipee!! Bike is fixed! jfink was right. It was off 3 teeth. All good now Im so happy what a fun bike. Yes budzrex lets meet. PM me a address or whatever. Thanks for the nice welcome guys. I intend to ride down the beach in Port A. next weekend Ill post a pic.

Sorry I missed your "visitor message", I don't get many of them! Glad you got it fixed.

By the way, have you done the "Thermo-bob"? :-) No really, it's a real thing! Now would I pull your leg?

Last edited:
the "whatchamacallit" may also need changing, KLR's are known to have many issues with these parts, especially when ridden on beaches.. :rofl: Be sure to post plenty of pics.

Welcome to the club.. :clap:

Gary

Back