• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Suzuki Berm Action

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
I'm working on better action shots of friends on their dirtbikes. Let me know what you think about this one of a friend practicing berm action on his Suzuki.

My first criteria is sharpness, then composition, then coloring/tint.

JoshBerm_zps8ead33e6.jpg

Just getting around to seeing this....

Yeah, I think you nailed the focus/crisp/sharp part. Composition is very nice. Not sure what it would be like without the reeds in the foreground????

Pretty cool shot.

What camera/lens and settings were you using?

Strange... I replied about the foreground a couple of days ago, and the reply is gone. I also suggested moving the camera location to the photog's left to get more of a side shot of the roost. I wonder where the other reply went.

Thanks guys, I know the reeds are a distraction, but I had to work with what I had. I am still looking for the best angles and light direction for these shots.

I'm thinking I need backlight with some fill flash. That would highlight the roost and light up inside the goggles & helmet. I'll try that.

I'm using a D7000 and 80-200 2.8 AFD, I don't know the settings, but I think it is 200mm and f8.

How about this one?
QuadDirtSpray_zps19daeaeb.jpg

It's nice as well.

Maybe try to slow the shutter down a bit more to get some movement in the rear tire? Kind of looks like it's sitting there in a parking lot with a rooster tail. That's the hard part with sports shots like this - making them look like they are moving with action rather than parked. The wheels are key.

Back