• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Museo Ferrari Maranello

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Kimi's F2008 in the trophy room.

D810, 24-120mm f/4.

i-22DG8Nz-XL.jpg

i-TXNTvbd-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool!

Handheld or tripod?

Northern Italia is heaven on earth for moto enthusiasts... well done.

Oh my, Duke.... What an amazing opportunity and wonderful set of captures. Well done.

I just watched a documentary about Ascari, Fangio and Hawthorne - you are in the heart of Moto Heaven !

Very cool - I'd love to see that place. Sadly, there probably won't be a Kimi F2018 or future Ferrari displayed there. There might be a Sebastian F2018 if somebody will remind him that, while you can't WIN a race on the first lap, you can certainly LOSE it. You'd think a 4-time champ would know that!

Win or lose, though, the Ferraris are always fun to watch, and a pleasure just to look at. Thanks for posting.

Yep, watched that race. Said a bad word when that happened. Ferrari has the car to win the drivers and constructors championships this year but I fear it isn't going to happen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I did. I've followed F1 since I was in junior high school and watched (2 weeks after the actual race) Graham Hill, my hero Jim Clark, Lorenzo Bandini, etc, in their torpedo styled wingless cars.

Yeah, I watched the race. Too many first-lap crashes these days mar an otherwise good race and skew the result. That race was Vettel's to win, even if Kimi was on the pole position. Ferrari has really done a great job fighting back and becoming a true top-tier car again.

I don't really have a single favorite these days. I root for Haas because they're American, Williams because they've become such underdogs, and McLaren because there's been such greatness in them in the past. Mainly, I just watch and enjoy.

But you gotta love a red Ferrari, no matter what.

I finally got to watch the Italian GP last night. What on earth was Ferrari thinking pitting Kimi so early? His tires were gone with 10 laps still to go... Did y'all see them after the race, this is his left rear.

S2NdA9j.png

The Vettel / Hamilton race was fun to watch though.

A friend showed me her pics from there when she did a summer semester in Italy while in architecture school at A&M. When we finally make it to Europe that is definitely one of the places we will have to go.

I have been to the Ferrari museum in Bologna as I lived in northern Italy for 4 years. Museum is awesome to say the least.
Plus I’ve been back over there 3 times since. Can’t get enough to Italy and Europe!

Last edited:
Unless #44 has a couple of DNF's it will be very hard. Seb had a rough qualifying for sure, but I was surprised he couldn't press harder than he did. Verstapen though, I was happy for him.

Back