• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from League City

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I use to ride dirt bikes growing up, but then turned my attention towards trucks and cars when I turned 16. Over the last couple of years I've been considering buying a bike and finally found the one I wanted in December. I ended up with a 2002 Moto Guzzi Stone. So after 10 years or so on four wheels I'm back to two... or at least part time. I've tried to ride whenever weather permits and so far I've put just over 500 miles on the clock.

Welcome aboard!
Glad you found us here. Keep an eye out in the Upcoming Events forum for rides around the area. Plenty of stuff coming up.

I'm keeping an eye out for events. My confidence has gradually built up, so I've been willing to venture further out on the bike lately. Hopefully I will be up for some spring rides.

Greetings from a fellow Guzzi rider. I have a 2002 Stone also. Bought it new a few years ago and absolutely love it. In fact, after 32 years of continuous riding and having owned countless bikes of all types, it's quite possibly my favorite bike I've ever owned. There's just something about it. Check out the weekly gatherings. There's one at Mings every Thursday and The Texas Gulf Guzzi Riders meet every Tuesday at Three Dragons on Wilcrest.
Also, I cannot stress this enough - get to know these fellows....

http://www.mphcycles.com/

They are outstanding people. Quite simply, the best Guzzi guys there are and they are a first class operation. They organize Hill Country weekend trips a few times a year as well as weekend rides.

I know what yo mean abut the Stone. I've wanted a bike for a while now, and it was the one I couldn't say no to. As soon as I'm brave enough to ride into Houston I will make it to Mings. Which should be soon now, I think I have enough miles to feel comfortable in the saddle.

Oh and I'll be heading to MPH soon to get that first service.

I second the recommendation for MPH. Mike is good people. They took good care of me during my Guzzi period.

Welcome to the site. Pretty good bunch of people for being motorcyclists and all...

Hello. I do the same drive except from the north.

Mike haven and his boys know their stuff about Guzzis. They are also smart about BMWs as well.

I hope to see you at Mings sometime. :chug:

jeffie foo-foo said:
Mike haven and his boys know their stuff about Guzzis. They are also smart about BMWs as well.

Wrench is right. I should have mentioned that also. I don't think it's possible to find a better place for Guzzi, BMW and now Triumph service.

Back