• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Silver Anniversary

Hop

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Hopper
This is one of the gifts my wife got me for our 25th anniversary (this Friday). Not only has she put up with me that long but she gets good stuff.
00000255.jpg

Nice! You obviously married well. :thumb:

Sweet!

Is that the Discovery boot?

I have the Flex Force boots, the ones with the hinged ankles. I love them as long as I am not blasting through puddles. It seems that the water shoots right up under the lower part of the shin section, right up the inside of the boot to the top of the gator where it then pours into the boot. The whole reason I bought them was for water protection, that and the fact that they are very comfy. Having soaking wet/cold feet all day is NOT fun.

Nope they are the Vortex boots. Normally $275 but on sale for $165 on the Motonation site. I am sure I will eventually determine their water handling abilities. Whats cool is that my KTM 400 has all black and silver plastics so they match quite well.

These are the ones I have. I did not pay that price! I think I got them for around $250 or so on sale.

http://motonation.com/item.asp?cid=11&scid=30&pid=78

Held up well in a crash back in June last year. Lowsided on a gravel road and they got ground under the bike. Two of the buckles broke off but otherwise the boot is fine. I need to get on the stick and order the replacement buckles. My foot was UGLY bruised, but nothing broken despite the bike landing on it and getting twisted pretty seriously. I like these because they flex up/down, but not side to side so you can't "roll" your ankle on rocks or anything.

I have those but in Supermoto form. Great boot, though they are kinda heavy compared to the road boots I use (Sidi Strada Evo Tepor). Let me know how the water handling works out. I'm curious myself, but don't want to mess with wet boots if they aren't. :)

My boots are black and usually covered by the pants (also black). No Power Ranger action here... ;-)

Tourmeister said:
No Power Ranger action here... ;-)

Nor was he acting like a power ranger laying in that ditch in June.
I also believe that the boots are why he was able to ride back to the house that day. Even if we did have to help him on and off the bike. ;-)
Glad the boots are the only thing needing repair now.

Well, the pants were toast... :doh:

Just for the record, FirstGear HT Over pants don't handle abrasion very well at all... :argh:

Back