• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Huntsville TDCJ guard loses life

That is sad. He had worked 19 years it said and surely had many plans for future that included motorcycles and living life.

:tab I see TDC guards riding bikes out FM 980 all the time. Unfortunately, most don't wear any kind of gear/helmet. I've no idea if that would have made a difference here, but I can't help but wonder. I ride through that intersection all the time. I think the TxDot people were drunk the day they designed it. It is terrible. However, it is not usually a spot where people are moving fast. If this rider was hit and thrown from the bike and just landed on the ground, I would think that would have been relatively survivable with some gear on, absent some unusual circumstance. They don't mention the nature of his injuries though.

:tab It sure hits close to home... :zen:

Back