• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

8 days a week

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88ysQcoZUNY"]Make Someone Happy - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
8 days

SuperDave-Ozz .

Great idea to start this . :dude:

I've forwarded this link to some friends and family to read .

On another note , I think I'm gonna proposition you about something come Thurs. or Fri . So start counting some pennies and thinking about what can it be .

:shrug: for sure yet tho .

Re: 8 days

SuperDave-Ozz .
Great idea to start this . :dude:
I've forwarded this link to some friends and family to read .
On another note , I think I'm gonna proposition you about something come Thurs. or Fri . So start counting some pennies and thinking about what can it be .
:shrug: for sure yet tho .

Rip Van Winkle awakes!
I almost called you last week but was driving and got distracted on the road and forgot afterwards. It was also about buying something but I don't think it's what you're talking about. Hmmmm...I got a good idea though what you might be hinting..say it ain't so Joe? I'll be waiting.

_

Some of the experiences from the past seemed less than enjoyable at the time. Not all, but some are my favorite memories now.
Like the divorce, we both got rid of something that was a problem, me. At the time I was sad, but didn't realize that all things work together for good, if we will accept it. I believe true change ushers in abundant life, and has little to do with what we call earthly treasures. It is an inside-out deal.
Most times an adjustment is all we need. IMO everyday we should break a rule, as long as it helps another person.
The one thing that is eternal, people, this is what should matter the most. I have had jobs, toys and projects like anyone does, and anytime they become little gods to me, when they become #1, I get a reminder from something that is just as real as gravity. Spiritual laws that bring humility.
I like what was posted earlier, we have to have peace within wherever we are. My New Year's Resolution for 2017 is "Have Peace Wherever you Are, Right Now." :sun:
A man jumps off a 100 story building, about the 50th. floor a person yells out the window. How's it going? The jumper replies, so far so good! He was soon to discover the full effect of a law called gravity. No it was not Super Man:lol2:
Faith, hope, and love through humility are like a parachute.

Last edited:
Love God with everything you've got, love your neighbor as yourself. The sum of it all is wrapped up in those 2 short sentences.
If you want to gain life, you must lose it.

Now is a good time to jump on the wagon! It's a buyer's market.... :trust:

Done and Done. :clap:

Bought a '11 V Strom DL650/ABS yesterday from one of this sites' most well known and well liked two wheeled, backroads wandering hippie. :-P

I've owned a few bikes over the years since my first at 16. I retired 12 years ago at 46 years of age. And I waited too long to buy this next bike. Shoulda done it way sooner.

But I'm back in the game now. :rider:

Because my dad was military, I've seen a lot of other countries as I was growing up. After that, I joined, and saw lots more. I've been to just about everyplace that has a "stan" in it, and quite a few that don't. I've been all over Europe, the desert, the UK, and quite a few states in this country.

No, I haven't ridden as much of it as I'd like to, but I've done a pretty good job of it.

I work...40 hours a week. I put off some travel because of work. Not just mine, but hers, too. She's having a great time doing what she does, and to be honest, so am I. I work with a group of some 130 absolutely (some of whom are) great people. When I leave, I'll miss quite a few of them, I'm sure. I'm also sure there are some I'll be happy to never see again, but that's true of anyone, in any work situation.

I could complain that I never have time to tour, but it's not in me to do that. I enjoy my life, and that's what matters. I have a fantastic partner (OK, wife) whom I love very much, and great friends. What more, really, does any man need?

Love God with everything you've got, love your neighbor as yourself. The sum of it all is wrapped up in those 2 short sentences.
If you want to gain life, you must lose it.

I've been screwed by more people who preached that stuff than I can count. "Love" can not be defined. 1 John 4:8 and 1 John 4:16 both state "...God is love...." The person in this world (whomever that is) who knows more about God than anyone else doesn't know a drop in the bucket of the totality of God. Therefore, "the sum of it all'' in no way can be "wrapped up in those 2 short sentences"--which are not 2 short sentences at all, but a single compound sentence--and you can't know even a drop in the bucket of what in your judgement is "the sum of it all." Too, bad preachers can't walk their talks.

Two short sentences:

1. Make awesome choices;
2. Do only that which is right.

That way you can walk your talk with no fear of judgement. I think that is the point Tracker is trying to share, but a failure to resist the urge to evangelize again destroys the effectiveness of kind and caring intent of the heart. Human language can not adequately express some of the most important transpersonal thoughts and faiths, then blanketyblank Satan jumps on such weaknesses and starts a fight. His Nastiness never wastes a crisis.

Uh, why does that sound familiar? :rofl:

I've been screwed by more people who preached that stuff than I can count ... Too, bad preachers can't walk their talks.

You, sir, clearly have an axe to grind. That's all fine and dandy. If cynicism and skepticism are your things, knock yourself out. But don't employ the straw man of "humans are jerks" to marginalize God's ability to work through them.

Last edited:
Stop putting your words in my mouth. Thanks for proving my point with your partially quoting designed to mislead because apparently you thoroughly missed the entirety of the post.

Done with this thread.

Ken, I know you meant well but you shot all preachers and Trackker with your arrows. At least that is how it reads. You even got on him over grammer.:hack:

"Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it", said someone. I forget who.

While being old ain't a choice, carrying about a darkened heart certainly is. Sure, most folks have regrets about what they have not done, versus what they did, but that kind of diminishes the beauty of life's rich pageant.

We all know people who boil-over by something as trivial as getting cut-off in traffic. That anger, my friends, is a choice, just as it's a choice to let the past influence the present. An alcoholic's life starts to improve the day he walks from the bottle. For some, their bottle is resentment, and it can cripple like nothing else.

Everyone has experiences that, in retrospect, maybe weren't based on the best decision-making. It's all part of being human. However, we can choose to either improve & grow from experience, or collapse under its weight.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice". Decide to be happy. It's entirely your decision.

Live more, work less
f7a35d7ce7b44287874e023b6df8d499.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Funny that this thread pops up....I've been thinking about this very topic lately. There's pso much I want to do and I have been procrastinating. BTW, procrastinators unite tomorrow! Please attend.

I've read this thread a few times.
Good perspectives and thought provoking comments.
Thanks

But ...

Jan 1, 2018 I'm eligible to retire.
Been contributing to my 401K for almost 30 years.
Would have to make some small changes, but the wife and I don't live very large.
Debt load is very low.
I want the last check I ever write to bounce.

But ...

Jan 1, I don't want to retire.
I get bored too easily.
Wish my manager and co-workers were different.

But ...

I don't want to be found in my cube with my cold dead hands holding a mouse.

But ...

Last edited:
I want the last check I ever write to bounce...

I've been telling my kids for over a decade now, ever since I started down this new path "I'm spending your inheritance". Half informing them, half warning them. In reality I'm not carving it that close to the bone but they get the point. They also see me bopping around the globe and taking off on the bike solo for weeks at a time, sometimes without even a planned destination. Two of my three kids really get it and I've seen firsthand how they have re-evaluated their school and career goals.

_

I've been telling my kids for over a decade now, ever since I started down this new path "I'm spending your inheritance". Half informing them, half warning them. In reality I'm not carving it that close to the bone but they get the point. They also see me bopping around the globe and taking off on the bike solo for weeks at a time, sometimes without even a planned destination. Two of my three kids really get it and I've seen firsthand how they have re-evaluated their school and career goals.

_

Unfortunately, I'm doing the sane and will be cutting it that close. Heck they can sell what's left and do fine, lol!

I've read this thread a few times.
Good perspectives and thought provoking comments.
Thanks

But ...

Jan 1, 2018 I'm eligible to retire.
Been contributing to my 401K for almost 30 years.
Would have to make some small changes, but the wife and I don't live very large.
Debt load is very low.
I want the last check I ever write to bounce.

But ...

Jan 1, I don't want to retire.
I get bored too easily.
Wish my manager and co-workers were different.

But ...

I don't want to be found in my cube with my cold dead hands holding a mouse.

But ...

Everyone has different needs and goals, some just need to work because they like it. There's a couple I know that are old enough to retire that we see on our Friday bbq runs. He just shakes his head, how can y'all be retired, I'll never stop working! More power to him, I enjoy my retirement.

Just a thought, I went to Buelligans memorial service yesterday, really nice service. Several of his buddies spoke, couple mentioned all his plans for retirement that now WON'T happen. Larry was 68, closer to 69, now I don't know his reason for not already retiring but his age was more than enough to get out and live his dreams.

You guys DON'T WAIT TOO LONG! Enjoy it while you're healthy enough to do it.

There's plenty to do, if bored volunteer a couple of days here and there. Highlight of my week is when this little 11 month old baby is dropped off for our care for the day. Not related but feels like a granddaughter to me. I do a couple of odd jobs once in a while, but when I want to do something, we're off and go do it! And if I want a nap, just take one, lol!

Later

...Just a thought, I went to Buelligans memorial service yesterday, really nice service. Several of his buddies spoke, couple mentioned all his plans for retirement that now WON'T happen. Larry was 68, closer to 69, now I don't know his reason for not already retiring but his age was more than enough to get out and live his dreams...

This is so much a sterling example of this threads main point. He had the desire, he had the plans but didn't execute. So sad and especially for such a great guy. He deserved more and got short changed.

Speculation only for Buelligan but possibly he was waiting for age 70 to retire in order to receive full SS benefits. I see this happen often.

_

It is very easy to become a hostage to your Job, your belongings, your Ideas, the norm or your upbringing. It’s easy to come up with reasons why you can’t. We were brainwashed into believing we have to put in our time before we can reap the rewards. Someone before me decided the time you had to put in was 65 years and we bought into it.

My friend, in his late 20’s, worked his tail off and flew to Alaska to hunt a specific duck. When my friend sent me a picture I was excited. When I shared this with one of my other duck hunting friends that is my age his response was “It must be nice”. It’s how we were raised. My friend could very easily save some money and make that trip happen if he really wanted to. He was raised to think he can’t or shouldn’t.

Look how millennials are viewed by society. They are content with getting by and enjoying life but they get a bad rap for it. My generation sees them as lazy because they don’t put in 60-80 hour work weeks like we were taught. Times are changing and tomorrow is not guaranteed. Climb that mountain!

Back