• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD-Something a little different-A new adventure

Re the water question above. We have an excellent water supply of the best tasting water ever, submersible well powered by the solar system.

BTW, we are taking back up contracts, nothing is sold until the closing and $ is in hand.

Re: Something a little different-A new adventure

I understand how life changes but I think in a couple years you might be very homesick for that place. I love north GA and all of TN but those woods can sure close in on you. If we were not tied to my wife's family here, we would be in serious negotiation. Good luck.

Bumping and old thread..............

There is a lot of truth in becoming homesick for our place up in Show Low.

Time seems to dim the bad and enhance the good. Yes we do miss the Show Low place, hard to imagine what being totally self sufficient is really like, the wide open spaces, the views the stunning sunsets off the back deck and so much more.

Pam reminds me when Nostalga starts to creep in...that our 3 mile unmaintained dirt, gravel, and rock 'Bagdad Road' driveway with 3' of snow was a pain in the rear end...............:eek2:

We have a great place here in the south east corner Tennessee and the motorcycling here is without description. Bought and sold 7 or 8 motorcycles since arriving. Current stable is a new BMW 310GS an outstanding bike and a '18 HD Heritage Classic Softail 114 with HD's torque cam and ECU tuner, Extreme ends of the motorcycling spectrum. Makes riding either one so much more enjoyable. :rider:

My heart is still in Texas, esp West Texas as the old family home that my Grandfather built in 1923 just west of Hunt on the South Fork of the Guadalupe is still in the family..........Sigh.

****, I miss that place and only visited there twice!

Hope you and Mz Pam are grilling life daily!

Gee Dean, I didn't expect to see you back here again. Let me guess, the TWT link I provided this morning was the incentive? :rofl:

Collyer, was thinking of you the other day when I ran across a pic of you at one of your visits. A lot of water under the bridge since then. Hoping all is well with you.

Brian, yes your link sent me over. :rider:

Always reminds me how much we miss Texas.

Re: Something a little different-A new adventure

If someone were inclined to grow food and ...er....stuff, a Green House (not my thing) could easily be built, you could then easily be 100% self sufficient.

then if I learned how to brew good beer, I'd never leave the house!!
(except to ride, of course)

Back