• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riding boots/shoes (pavement)

Re: Ridind boots/shoes (pavement)

I have a pair of BMW Allround boots which rock for the price. They are comfortable on and off the bike plus they are waterproof.

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=44790

Couldn't agree more. I wear these on my daily commute and of course on longer rides. Extremely comfortable and so far they are wearing like iron. They are also comfortable to walk around in. Pants can easily slip over the boot, or you can tuck in leather pants if you wish.

If you are short on funds and still want protection, have a look at the Tourmaster boots.
Hard to beat for the money, and pretty good looking boots.
http://www.tourmaster.com/category/Boots/7

I have used a set of Tourmaster boots for three years on a daily commute and on all rides. They have been great.

I keep a pair of work shoes under my desk and usually change when I get to work.

Where is the best place in Houston to go and try on boots? I know we're in the age of online shopping but I'm picky on boots and shoes and want to see how they feel first. I am going to be in Houston most of the day tomorrow and would really like to go boot shopping but there don't seem to be many places to go. Any suggestions?

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

Where is the best place in Houston to go and try on boots? I know we're in the age of online shopping but I'm picky on boots and shoes and want to see how they feel first. I am going to be in Houston most of the day tomorrow and would really like to go boot shopping but there don't seem to be many places to go. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately, Houston doesn't have any great one-stop gear shops. There are a few local m/c dealers that have a pretty good selection.
- Wild West in Katy
- Honda of Houston on 290 @ BW8
- Gulf Coast BMW in South Houston

Also unfortunately, you may recognize these shops are at different corners of the city.
There are also CycleGear storefronts in the north, southwest and southeast ends of Houston.

Unfortunately, Houston doesn't have any great one-stop gear shops. There are a few local m/c dealers that have a pretty good selection.
- Wild West in Katy
- Honda of Houston on 290 @ BW8
- Gulf Coast BMW in South Houston

Also unfortunately, you may recognize these shops are at different corners of the city.
There are also CycleGear storefronts in the north, southwest and southeast ends of Houston.

Thanks. A good buddy of mine suggested Motorcycle Unlimited so I'm going to try that and then perhaps hit Gulf Coast BMW and Cycle Gear on the way home if I don't find much. I've kinda been looking for an excuse to stop in and test ride a BMW or Tiger 800 anyway.

Bought a pair of Sedici Lorenzo waterproof boots at Cycle Gear for $125. Seem very comfortable so we'll see again after a few weeks.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Xelement-Boots/Xelement-Mens-Advanced-Motorcycle-Tornado-Boots/41765.html

L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L2xhcmdlLzE0NjFfMTE0Nzk4NzIwNS5KUEc=_H_SW700.jpg

I buy these at Jims Cycle for about $100 and use them for commute and leave them on at work, and pretty much wear them everywhere, been through 3 or 4 pair

Aerostich (Sidi made) Combat Lite Boots. Yes, they are heavy and take FOREVER to break in but will NEVER wear out and while I wouldn't pick them to do an all day hike they are reasonably comfortable for walking when broken in. If you are use to lightweight street boots, they feel clunky at first but are very sturdy. I fell on my DR awhile back (muddy gravel road) and my foot was pinned under the peg. Not even a bruise - and the boot looked just fine with a good cleaning and mink oil. Just don't give up on them before the break in. Yes, I actually wrapped mine in a towel and beat em with a hammer! :eek2:

The only thing I can say is I'm on my second pair of Sidi. I wore out the sole on the first pair both I could break the zipper. :mrgreen:

Back