• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Nikon D800

.....plus it's a great reason to go the next step up :deal:

Why do I always love seeing cryptic text like this with the "deal/fine print" guy following it? lol.....

Just don't forget to post up when you get it! lol....

:eek2:

Wow! That is absolutely insane. ISO 100 at what appears to be night? Did a flash not go off, or maybe it was set up for earlier in the day? Either way, that's too cool. :clap:

Yes it was at night. Dianne and I were in Turkey a few weeks ago, and this was taken while sitting on the steps of the courtyard sentry wall, inside the "Blue Mosque". the shot just prior to this was me trying to take a picture of the Crescent moon behind one of the fluted towers of the Mosque. I just plain failed to adjust the cameras settings.

Yes it was at night. Dianne and I were in Turkey a few weeks ago, and this was taken while sitting on the steps of the courtyard sentry wall, inside the "Blue Mosque". the shot just prior to this was me trying to take a picture of the Crescent moon behind one of the fluted towers of the Mosque. I just plain failed to adjust the cameras settings.

Hope this isn't too dumb a question, but what's the difference in doing this via the camera, and doing it on the back end with PC software?

I just plain failed to adjust the cameras settings.

You mean you don't shoot in Auto mode? :rofl:

Hope this isn't too dumb a question, but what's the difference in doing this via the camera, and doing it on the back end with PC software?

The closer you can get to the actual image you have in your head re: exposure/lighting, comp etc. in the image, the LESS you need to do in post-processing. It's a HUGE timesaver to get it right the first time. And when you get really close out of the camera, you have so much more latitude for any corrections since the majority of the data is 'correct' from the image itself. When you take data that's on the fringe, you have less to work with should you want/need it. Make sense?

ETA:
And the post capabilities using software are exponentially better than what the in-camera offerings can do.

Last edited:
Why do I always love seeing cryptic text like this with the "deal/fine print" guy following it? lol.....

Just don't forget to post up when you get it! lol....
Oh, I'll start my own thread when I get one!
It'll be awhile before that happens though.
Part of the reason we spent a bit more picking up a camera for the wife (Oly E-P3) was to keep me from spending the big bucks on a DSLR :giveup:

Back