• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need to Ride But Where (in H-E-B area now)

Reaction score
OK - my out of the country trip was cancelled this year. Seems that the wife's open heart surgery didn't go as promised by the cardiologist, etc.

So, being right in the middle of D/FW (aka the Mid-Cities - Hurst, Euless and Bedford) I'm wanting to go somewhere for a few hours that doesn't include just getting on the freeway.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for - just somewhere besides either the freeways or the local H-E-B area streets.

HELP - I need to ride!!!!!!

There are some decent roads to the southwest - pick a destination like Glen Rose, Hico, Stephenville for maybe some chow (Hammond's, Loco Coyote, Koffee Kup, Hard 8) and then pick some roads.

Try taking back roads over to Azle, then up to Poolville or Palo Pinto. Or down to Weatherford; from there, several nice roads lead to Granbury.

I saw the H-E-B and thought ".... why would he be posting about an HEB grocery store parking lot? :rofl: Can't say I've every heard of the moniker H-E-B before.

Everybody who lives in the mid-cities identifies with it. I started my marriage in Euless, so didn't think twice about it.

Just for Scott

H-E-B = Hurst-Euless-Bedford (between Dallas and Ft. Worth)

we don't have many of the HEB food stores up here.

I believe there's an HEB grocery store, at least one, in the metroplex and I think one in Burleson.

Back