• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New From Haltom City

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Epps
Was browsing around the web and came upon this site,
Ross Downs was a great place to spend Friday Night,did race some there and devils bowl in the early 70s.
Racing carrier was cut short from a broken back while out playing on the dirt bike,did come back to do some cross country in Stephenville,finally moved out of the area in the 80s and places i lived were never dirt riding areas.
retired and moved back to Texas and now ride a 1500 Goldwing.I remember the Pooveys,RE Lee,Freddie Spencer,Hogman and all the other regulars.

Welcome to TWT. Make sure to join in on one of the upcoming rides or meet ups in your area so you can get to know other folks. What did you ride before your injury? KP

Here is one close to your area you can check out.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110791

I rode a triple 500 Kawasaki from WW. Imports Kawasaki in Grand Prairie,wasn’t not suited for short track but was fun on the 1/2 mile at Devils bowl

Went to Ross Downs a little then Mike Kidd's from about 83-83? Poovey was still riding Shobert from Lubbock, Scotty Sherb, James and Raymond Huddleston, Yost, LBRT. I was a back marker but had fun on a Champion framed Yammy and XR500.

Too old now! Welcome to the site.

Wow a triple you are brave. Have any pictures of the bike?:photo:

Somewhere I do have some 8x10, just don’t knowwhere ,one picture was my favorite,bike was in a corner and there was a rooster tail from my shoe,the stator cover and the rear wheel.
The TZ 750 Kinney Roberts rode did the same thing,something about a wide engine.

Somewhere I do have some 8x10, just don’t knowwhere ,one picture was my favorite,bike was in a corner and there was a rooster tail from my shoe,the stator cover and the rear wheel.
The TZ 750 Kinney Roberts rode did the same thing,something about a wide engine.

Oh man I bet everyone would love to see a copy of that on here!:deal:

I wish I knew how to get my hands on on it,I’ve moved soooo many times I’m still finding stuff I missed 10 years ago.

Back