• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who works for Peterbilt in Denton?

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
I saw quite a few bikes in the employee parking at the Peterbilt facility on Airport Rd in Denton today. There were several KLRs, a Strom, Triumph and various cruisers. I will be there all weekend thru Sunday evening and again in two weeks. We're using the training facility for a PE exam review class. Very nice facility!

I worked for them for almost 28 years before getting laid off back in 2009. 11 years at the plant (which was QUITE smaller in 1982) and over 16 at the Division office on the other side of town. The plant site has expanded significantly since I started there. One of the cleanest manufacturing plants you'll probably ever see.

Craig

I do! Kind of a new around here though, only 27 yrs and counting.

So which bike is yours?

Today I saw a young lady coming into the parking lot on a cruiser. I think there were maybe 8-9 bikes.

I'll be there tomorrow and Sunday as well.

Can you get to breakfast at Blue Hangar tomorrow? Because I live very close to Peterbilt. Kind of an unofficial meet n greet for TWT!

None of them were mine. I live a little over 60 miles away so I ride a van-pool. But there are several that ride daily. Anything from Harleys to Ducati's I do ride my V occasionally.

Surprising how many riders in TX still aren't aware of the TWT site. It is a wonderful forum, and we should all try to pass along an invite to every rider we meet up with.

Can you get to breakfast at Blue Hangar tomorrow? Because I live very close to Peterbilt. Kind of an unofficial meet n greet for TWT!

Unfortunately, when I am there, I have almost no free time. The classes start early in the morning, break for lunch, and then run till 5:00. I usually grab a bite, head to the hotel, and spend the rest of the evening reviewing notes from the day then reading for next day. I also have at least a three hour drive there and back each weekend.

The next weekend is in two weeks. I stay at the Best Western on 380 and I35. I usually grab dinner at the Cracker Barrel next door around 6-7pm.

Unfortunately, when I am there, I have almost no free time. The classes start early in the morning, break for lunch, and then run till 5:00. I usually grab a bite, head to the hotel, and spend the rest of the evening reviewing notes from the day then reading for next day. I also have at least a three hour drive there and back each weekend.

The next weekend is in two weeks. I stay at the Best Western on 380 and I35. I usually grab dinner at the Cracker Barrel next door around 6-7pm.
Now that we know, maybe we can get some folks together for a howdy if nothing else. Can't beat Cracker Barrel corn muffins! :thumb:

I'd be up for dinner. I'd be available thurs, fri and sat evenings. I head home Sunday as soon as class is over.

The weekend of the 14-17th is the next and last weekend.

Scott, what evening would work best for you to have a meet up for dinner?

Have you been on a tour of the plant? My daughter and her family live in Denton so I visit often on the weekends. (grandbabies!!!) If youre interested I might be able to arange something the next weekend youre here.

Have you been on a tour of the plant? My daughter and her family live in Denton so I visit often on the weekends. (grandbabies!!!) If youre interested I might be able to arange something the next weekend youre here.

I have been trying to get a tour for over a year! If this comes together, I would love to join in!

Can we make this an officially unofficial event?

Denton Area Dinner with the Tourmeister!

:clap:

Back