• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any tire changers in Austin, and I need a tire!!!

Reaction score
First Name
Gina
Hi Ya'll,

I need a new front tire for my 2004 Honda Rebel CMX250 and someone who can put it on. The wheel needs to be trued, but if I can't find a locally owned shop, I'll (have to) take it to a dealer.

Please, send me a price for the tire, labor, etc.

Thanks! Gina

For the last couple of years I've had a local Triumph rider doing my tire work. He's in Leander and you can bring him wheel off the bike, or he can pull the wheel in his shop.

Willie Liberman
512-635-9949

Very late to this game, but if any TWT in the Austin area need tires changed, I have a changer and will help them out.

Wayne

Very late to this game, but if any TWT in the Austin area need tires changed, I have a changer and will help them out.

Wayne

He means it, and he's good. :clap:

IMAG0213.jpg

Wayne

Whereabouts are you? I need new tires and can't stand the $52 per tire that Cent Tex is going to charge.

I'm off 290 East (going towards Manor). I'm in Harris Branch, near Samsung (on Palmer) and Applied Materials (on 290). The only thing I ask is that you take your old tires back with you. I can only put out four with Austin's bulk pickup.

Wayne

Hi Everybody,

I took up Wayne's goodwill offer for a free tire change. I am glad I did! Wayne did a professional job and took the time to focus on detail plus used extra Lithium on the rear spline. The TKC80 has a very stiff sidewall, but we managed to take it off with little hesitation.

I highly recommend Wayne's offer for changing tires!

:clap:

RB

---

Notes:

1. I got about 5,000 miles from the rear knobby TKC80 on a 650GS twin with a 50/50 mix of road and dirt. I could have gone another 1,000 miles, but the tire would have probably hydroplaned too easily in the rain.

2. The bike is dramatically more centered and smoother on the highway with the rear tire at 40 PSI versus the suggested 35 listed in the manual.

3. Adding liberal amounts of Lithium grease to the rear spline seems to make the tire rolling resistance much easier at freeway speeds.

4. The rear tire is so well designed it does not require any wheel balancing weights. Both Wayne and I were amazed at this BMW phenomena.

From Continental tires web site...

Due to the overwhelming request of Ducati Multistrada & Hypermotard, Triumph Tiger 1050 and Buell Ulysses riders for a tire capable of taking them off road, Continental will expand the TKC-80 Twinduro line adding 120/70B17 and 180/55B17, as well as growing the Trail Attack line with with the addition of 120/70ZR17 and 180/55ZR17 sizes; all of which will be available by Spring 2012.

The TKC-80 Twinduro is Continental’s #2 selling tire in N. America. The expansion of both lines further reinforces Continental’s intention to be at the forefront of performance tire technology.

Back