• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

5/22-5/24 Adv Ride explore Dryden TX ranch property

I can't make this trip but I'll be looking for reports!

I've always wanted to see what's out the that desert, maybe this fall.

Y'all have fun and take a few pics.

Talked to mark walker today the ranch owner
got good rain and the roads are tacky with no dust not muddy

He went into town and picked breakfast and dinner for Us . Breakfast tacos and burgers Saturday

Coffee makers in the rooms so bring your favorite joe

Bought a case of dos Equis beer on ice for our arrival.

How cool is that!

Talked to mark walker today the ranch owner
got good rain and the roads are tacky with no dust not muddy

He went into town and picked breakfast and dinner for Us . Breakfast tacos and burgers Saturday

Coffee makers in the rooms so bring your favorite joe

Bought a case of dos Equis beer on ice for our arrival.

How cool is that!

200_s.gif

I'm all ready just need to fill my camelback in the morning and ride in the 200 miles to Bee Cave. Planning to leave at 5am in case I hit some Austin morning traffic. Not planning to eat at Rosie's, I'll be re-gassed up and ready to ride out upon arrival.

_

I noticed some weather passing the area you planned on riding on Saturday, how did it go?

Man things looked terrible over that way. Hope all of you got back ok.

We got a little bit of rain on Friday morning but nothing too bad. FM 337 was crazy foggy at the top though it was very eerie didn't even seem like Texas. But then the rest of the day was beautiful as was Saturday morning but Saturday afternoon we got some thunderstorms but didn't last more than an hour and a half or two hours so we just rode right through it. That was the least of our excitement for the day. Still on the road so I will post more tomorrow.

_

Im going to think about joining yall on this one....its been awhile since we rode together....yeeehaaw..

this ride is history..

But.. stay tuned for those that missed out.

early planning for Kenaroo's Big Tex Mex adv ride in October. 1st or second week.. pending.

open to 6-8 riders max. no inexperienced riders. no picture takers (except if we all stop).. just ride and put miles in. if you've ridden with me you know what I like.. fun fast and miles..

ride will include the 4 to 5 days of riding Thursday to Monday. day1: Austin to Sanderson, day2 Sanderson through big bend to Presidio day3 Chipsa rd to big tank and into fort Hancock, day 4 Mexico side ft Hancock to Presidio. day 5 and final day back home to Austin.

some long days.. big bikes with 200+ range.

this ride is history..

But.. stay tuned for those that missed out.

early planning for Kenaroo's Big Tex Mex adv ride in October. 1st or second week.. pending.

open to 6-8 riders max. no inexperienced riders. no picture takers (except if we all stop).. just ride and put miles in. if you've ridden with me you know what I like.. fun fast and miles..

ride will include the 4 to 5 days of riding Thursday to Monday. day1: Austin to Sanderson, day2 Sanderson through big bend to Presidio day3 Chipsa rd to big tank and into fort Hancock, day 4 Mexico side ft Hancock to Presidio. day 5 and final day back home to Austin.

some long days.. big bikes with 200+ range.

Big yes here for another big Tenere. Just hoping it will not be the 1st weekend (Oct-1 is Thursday). But 1st week/2nd weekend or after I'm in.

"6-8 riders max. no picture takers (except if we all stop).. just ride and put miles in.. fun fast and miles.."

You just described my perfect ride as well, well maybe I would've stated 4-6 riders but dang close. Looking forward to riding dirt in Mexico, especially being able to cross over and back out again without a single mile of pavement. Gonna pop my Mexican big bike cherry in good fashion.

_

Yeah I got that one....very funny. Ive been away from TWT for a long time and didnt notice the date had pased. Ive ridden with Kingham a few times and would have loved to have been there. Im still healing from open heart surgery but I think im ready for some Dualsporting....

Thanks

ride posted.
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103772

Big yes here for another big Tenere. Just hoping it will not be the 1st weekend (Oct-1 is Thursday). But 1st week/2nd weekend or after I'm in.

"6-8 riders max. no picture takers (except if we all stop).. just ride and put miles in.. fun fast and miles.."

You just described my perfect ride as well, well maybe I would've stated 4-6 riders but dang close. Looking forward to riding dirt in Mexico, especially being able to cross over and back out again without a single mile of pavement. Gonna pop my Mexican big bike cherry in good fashion.

_

Back