• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

Hopefully only a month out on having the XR going. I will want to get a group together familiar with the route.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

hello riders, i recently moved to the Austin Area and I am riding a tiger 800 xc. I saw the gpx files for the TARA monthly rides around Austin. Does anybody has an app to suggest to retrace a gpx file? Thinking about trying some of the rides.

kiki

I use OSMAnd. I believe its $10 with unlimited map downloads. I do tend to have some issues with Richard's routes for some reason. Here's what I do.

1) Load the complete route map (all the monthly rides) in to Basecamp.

2) Highlight the individual ride I want and export it as its own file.

3) Load that into Basecamp and convert it from a "route" to a "track". Save that file.

4) Put the track on my google drive, which OSM recognizes as a storage device.

5) Load that file into OSM, and tell it to use track for navigation.

After that, its smooth sailing. Enjoy, good luck.

I use OSMAnd. I believe its $10 with unlimited map downloads. I do tend to have some issues with Richard's routes for some reason. Here's what I do.

1) Load the complete route map (all the monthly rides) in to Basecamp.

2) Highlight the individual ride I want and export it as its own file.

3) Load that into Basecamp and convert it from a "route" to a "track". Save that file.

4) Put the track on my google drive, which OSM recognizes as a storage device.

5) Load that file into OSM, and tell it to use track for navigation.

After that, its smooth sailing. Enjoy, good luck.
Is basecamp the Garmin software?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Here is my video from James River October 2018. Enjoy

Thanks Y'all! Had a great time!

[ame="https://youtu.be/NEPmIfLISOo"]James River 2018[/ame]

Nice video Elio. My vote for best comment. "Well, It's not new anymore is it?"

Thanks for sharing.

I was scared after the first drop, newbie me not trusting the grip anymore haha. Too slow at the end.

Gang, I am sorry I couldn't make it, looks like I missed a lot of good clean fun! Congrats to all the fresh meat, you have been baptized

Riders,

The 1st Saturday ride is this weekend. As many of you know, the Hill Country 500 is also this weekend.

Even so, the 1st Saturday ride is never cancelled. If you can't make the HC500 but still want to ride, then the first Saturday ride is still on the schedule.

I'm still trying to fix this stupid clutch on my ktm. At this rate, I'll be good to join in March or so.

Do any of the routes posted on the first page of this thread, for the monthly rides, include any off-pavement portions..? If so, which ones? I am from Houston, just looking to try to get some routes from that area from those of you who are already in the know.

October, November, March, April, and I believe May all have off pavement sections.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Remember if they have not been ridden since March, April and May they may be paved now! Every time i ride thru there i find a freshly paved road.

Aaron

True that. Although with the flooding, the ones that aren't paved are pretty interesting, and even the paved ones are'nt in the best of shape. C'est la vie.

Just a head's up to anyone planning on attending the December ride. Since we missed out on November due to the HC500, I'll likely be leading a ride on the November route, weather permitting.

Just a head's up to anyone planning on attending the December ride. Since we missed out on November due to the HC500, I'll likely be leading a ride on the November route, weather permitting.

i will go for that lime creek is a short one 146 miles, Llano 238 miles, but all depends on the weather don't mind the rain are the cold just not together.

Aaron

Lime Creek/Cow Creek/Oatmeal is a fun and beautiful ride, i just need a little more dirt in my life.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Attention riders. Due to a group of us having prior commitments on Saturday, we'll be riding the November route on Sunday. Same start point, meet at 8:30, KSU at 9:00.

Sad to say that 'Slow Paul' won't make it. Seems I had a 'pavement encounter' back on the 6th and both the bike and I am recovering...

Wish I was going!

Back