• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interested in a no pavement Mexico trip?

By the way, this is the mountains you are talking about overlooking boquillas, on a day when clouds condensed out of no where, just to take a plunge over the cliffs and disappear. One of the coolest natural phenom I've experienced.

Attachments

• Boquillas.jpg
    Boquillas.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 214
By the way, this is the mountains you are talking about overlooking boquillas, on a day when clouds condensed out of no where, just to take a plunge over the cliffs and disappear. One of the coolest natural phenom I've experienced.

I think that whole area is incredibly beautiful. I want to ride up to the top of those cliffs some day. As you and Mr. Steve Miller have pointed out, time does keep slipping. I've got to really try to prioritize and then keep up with my "some day" list, or there will suddenly be too few days left.

The last time I visited the Big Bend area was in August a couple of years ago. HOT!

I have often thought about trailering the bikes and fuel in and setting up a small inconspicuous spike camp. Take day rides. I'm not interested in riding thru the park, but would like to explore all of the legal roads around it. Maybe this next winter...

I have often thought about trailering the bikes and fuel in and setting up a small inconspicuous spike camp. Take day rides. I'm not interested in riding thru the park, but would like to explore all of the legal roads around it. Maybe this next winter...

I agree; that would be a good way to visit the area. Probably the best, especially if there were a mechanical problem or an injury. It would eliminate the big problem of fuel resupply.

It's my understanding that it's a bit of a problem trying to bring two vehicles in to Mexico.

Assuming that there is a work-around for that, I'd be hesitant to leave a vehicle and campsite set up and unattended.
The reserve is owned by Cemex, and I think all the surrounding land belongs to the various ejidos, so no matter where you set up, you're on someones property.

And this is just my gut feeling; it's admittedly based on ignorance of the true reality of the criminal risks in that part of the frontier border region, but for security reasons, I would not want to establish the pattern that a remote base of operations would require. Maybe it's just unfounded paranoia on my part. I don't know.

A hybrid option for this would be to forget the trailer, and enlist a few 4X4 enthusiasts to go along. The Jeeps would do their thing, the bikes would do their thing, and there would be coordinated linkups, campsites, or maybe even just fuel and water caches established.
Lots of moving pieces to make something like that work.

hey bud, u still in for may to galeana? if so, do we a solid and setup one of these reports for it with all welcome to join no fees, just a bunch of guys meet on da net to go to mex for a good time scenario for 2nd or 3rd weekend thurs - sun 3 nights 4 days

I could leave DFW on the 23rd & would need to be back in DFW by the 28th, is that something you could work with?

Sorry guys, I was on South Padre Island for the weekend and didnt see the most recent posts.

I'm still in, and I can make either of the proposed dates work if I can get a couple of weeks notice.

Chris

Back