• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ghost's 6th Annual Beat The Heat Event May 5-7

Reaction score
The creek is flowing nicely so bring swim wear and float stuff! We have made mucho progress on trails here so your favorite bike. Roads are great too! Friday night will be most likely a burger/dog affair but saturday night will be fajitas! Breakfast as usual on the wok! Woodbutcher if you would be so kind as to out the map up:trust: This will take place at my farm 3 1/2 miles north east of Gatesville. Take FM 929 NE to CR 266 then right for 300 yards to the Orange gate on left. Look for the Traffic cones with Bike stickers! Due to a large tree falling in my girlfriends back yard I have cut 8 trailerloads of wood so we have plenty of campfire wood!;-)

So who is IN?
1)Misterk
2)Flyby75
3)CleatusJ
4)FrankinTx
5)SpiritatBay
6)WoodButcher
7)Burbo
8)MaximusFlavius
9)Euromedic
10)
11)
12)

Last edited:
Oh no! Second one I'm going to miss this year. Headed to North Carolina that weekend.

Some pics from previous BTHs...
P6193116_zpsoahkkbu1.jpg

P6193115%201_zpsnz1ds5yj.jpg

P6193110_zpsgthl1ihq.jpg

P6193109_zpsm1mxumex.jpg

Have not made any of the events to date, always seems to be something in the way. This time the Bike MS event is on that weekend... Have never ridden 150 miles on a bicycle in one weekend...

Due to rumors of a new toy to be unveiled at this event, I may change my scheduled trip to NC to leave a day late and attend this. Just depends on whether I can find someone to take my camping gear back to Austin so I don't have to haul it to NC.

I'm in for a day or two. Replaced the stator in my strom and added a voltmeter.

I would totally be down for this but I have the final two rounds of the Texas State Trials Championships to compete in at Bulcher that same weekend. Hope y'all have a great time!

Been waiting for this announcement.

Let the summer fun begin!

(Aaron, we want you to remain clothed, please.)

Due to rumors of a new toy to be unveiled at this event, I may change my scheduled trip to NC to leave a day late and attend this. Just depends on whether I can find someone to take my camping gear back to Austin so I don't have to haul it to NC.

Brother the new toy is a big time hoot!!! fire about 25 shots through it:trust:
F44A60ED-AFCF-4BF8-B05A-BB5FBCEB7B88_zpsdxzichhp.jpg

Bet I can really kill a motorhome now:ponder:

Oh, there's nothing "skinny" about it. The last time I got on some scales, they said "get off".

Dody, that artillery looks like just what you need. I've got an idea for that, a bucketfull of buckshot, & hogs in mind.

Already on it brother. Gonna use Dixie cup for shot cup. Gotta play with the range and spread. This beast is gonna eat some powder!

Oh, there's nothing "skinny" about it. The last time I got on some scales, they said "get off".

Dody, that artillery looks like just what you need. I've got an idea for that, a bucketfull of buckshot, & hogs in mind.

Too big for skinny-dip?

We call that "chunkin-dunkin".

Back