• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Davy Crockett

Reaction score
I am thinking about heading out to Davy Crockett sometime in the near future. Does anyone have a favorite section to ride there? I have never been before, and the website isn't super helpful.

Cheers!

:tab Are you wanting single track trails or just forest/county roads in the area? I don't know that they have any single track available like the Sam Houston NF does. As for forest/county roads, just use Google Maps or something similar and pick some roads. I've ridden through and around the DCNF and most of the roads are fun. There are some sections that have a decent bit of sand, but nothing I couldn't get through on my 1200 GS with my son on the back. If it is wet, things could get a bit more "interesting"... :wary:

:tab Are you wanting single track trails or just forest/county roads in the area? I don't know that they have any single track available like the Sam Houston NF does. As for forest/county roads, just use Google Maps or something similar and pick some roads. I've ridden through and around the DCNF and most of the roads are fun. There are some sections that have a decent bit of sand, but nothing I couldn't get through on my 1200 GS with my son on the back. If it is wet, things could get a bit more "interesting"... :wary:

Thanks, Tourmaster! I am in Austin, and there aren't many public lands around us. Would you say SHNF is a better bet?

No legal single track in Crockett forest, SHNF has the whole westside open and marked! Just a little sand there too.

And don't let Tourmiester fool you, just because he can do it with his son , when the Houston county roads are at their worst, it's tough on a big bike. :giveup::nana::bow:

Crockett has some great dual sport roads .... Sam Houston has the single track which is awesome with all the help to ge the trails open and dual sport roads.

Back