• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike Control (Colorful Language at the End)

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I once rode a Z50 I had restored. I fell in stickers and said bad words. This is why you don't video riding minibikes.

Clickety Click for the download, 14.35 MB of Z fiddy bliss. I dare you to watch this and NOT laugh. I still can't.

I think I played it at least 6 times in a row... ;)
:rider:

he forgot the golden rule

"when in doubt... throttle out"

:rider:

The bars pinned my throttle hand and my knee. I had a big black thumbnail when it was all over. I couldn't turn or hit either brake, very sad. LOL.

Haha, wish I'd seen this last night instead of fumbling around trying to figure out how to download your video from facebook. :D

I feel your pain Doug. I was riding wheelies on my kids xr50, in front of a crowd no less. I had the front wheel turned full lock to the right with my right knee kicked out for balance. When I set the front down I couldn’t straighten the bars because i had brought my knee back in pinning the bars behind it. It high sided pitching me on the ground like a rag doll.

gif's are no fun. You can't hear the fear in his voice as he yells "Oh God!" knowing that things are about to go sideways and there's nothing he can do about it.

Book of face is evil ... just sayin'

I suspect this is how JQ1 destroyed my old DRZ ... the one you own, Doug.

I still have the bloody grip and hand guard.

Last edited:
Glad your ok and no damage done. Had tears in my eyes laughing by the fourth viewing. I secretly hope Scott will screen shot the face plant and add it to the new websites home page ! Hint hint Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect this is how JQ1 destroyed my old DRZ ... the one you own, Doug.

I still have the bloody grip and hand guard.

I still have the bloody glove.

Say Mitch didn't you just come into possession of a KTM 500???

More Z50 action for you viewing pleasure

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy2WPicJFUc&t=0s"]1985 old dirt bike clips - YouTube[/ame]

My new ride. Much safer for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1948.JPG
    IMG_1948.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 154
You, sir ... have mad skilz!

I did sell both XR650s and bought a 500 EXC ...

2015_500EXC_Acerbis_01-XL.jpg

Getting the old girl ready for a trip to Big Bend in a few weeks.
I can tell ... it has enough giddy-up to be problematic at times.
Gotta be easy on the throttle.

I also have a CB750 ...

i-PNW7Q2v-X2.jpg

She's for sale ... wanting a Goldwing as I'm planning a ride to visit my daughter who lives in Seattle.

Last edited:

2015_500EXC_Acerbis_01-XL.jpg

Getting the old girl ready for a trip to Big Bend in a few weeks.
I can tell ... it has enough giddy-up to be problematic at times.
Gotta be easy on the throttle.

I also have a CB750 ...

i-PNW7Q2v-X2.jpg

She's for sale ... wanting a Goldwing as I'm planning a ride to visit my daughter who lives in Seattle.
That CB750 is beautiful. You should keep that one.

I also have a CB750 ...
And bought another xrl.

I'd keep the cb

OH, STICKERS!

On topic, last serious get off I had was doing wheelies on the XRL in front of some buddies. I decided to try a one handed wheelie for the first time, while waving a gesture to show my buddies how much I liked them. I ended up on the ground, with an expensive hole in my arm and a XRL with a bent subframe.
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't know why I keep watching this? :lol2:

The good news is you face-planted to the right onto the grass and not onto the concrete on the left.

There has to be a frame of that video you can capture for a new Avatar.

fiddies will definitely teach you control, or hurt you.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWoV9X20xL0"]broadside - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CaJwvYdQMQ"]eck0 highsides a fiddy - YouTube[/ame]

I don't know why I keep watching this? :lol2:

The good news is you face-planted to the right onto the grass and not onto the concrete on the left.

Face plant in stickers isn't much fun. If you watch that video full screen you can see the sticker patch I landed in. I am not sure the driveway would have been much worse. I believe I would have had less stickers stuck to me if I did.

Face plant in stickers isn't much fun. If you watch that video full screen you can see the sticker patch I landed in. I am not sure the driveway would have been much worse. I believe I would have had less stickers stuck to me if I did.

That's kind of funny, because it's not me, and because I've done similar things with mountain bikes. :rofl:

As far as racing fiddy's, nothing brings on the hurt like a couple of buddies trying to race each other on bikes deemed "Too small to get hurt on." :giveup:

Back