• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Minimum age to get DL in Washington state

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Ladies and Gentlemen, my family and I recently moved from Texas to Washington (Seattle), and earlier this year my wife and I rode half of the Trans-America-Trail (From Oklahoma to the pacific coast in Oregon). My youngest daughter would like to ride with us when we ride the other half from Oklahoma to the Atlantic coast, I have no concerns about her abilities, but as its dual sport she needs to have a driving license and I have been trying to find out what is the minimum age a kid can get a driving license in Washington. I can find a lot on cars, but not much for motorbikes. Do they have to get a car license first and then a motorcycle license? Is it the same minimum age for a car or motorcycle license? In Europe you can get a bike license one year earlier than a car license.. Being new to Washington we haven't found all the rules, so I was wondering if anyone knew? I can go and ask the licensing office, but thought I would ask here first? I suspect she would need to be a minimum of 15 so we are looking at 2.5 years before she can ride with us..

Gary

Gary I got mine at 14 there in Washington. But that was a long long time ago and was just for driving on the farm roads. Don't think that will be of much help. :-))

Timbercat
Tapatalk HD from my iPad

Thanks Guys, I looked and it seemed like you could get a car license at 15 but had to be 16 for a bike (Which wasn't what I wanted to hear!!). Will keep looking..

Gary

I saw that post and thought it was for you and assumed they would
Go by age not maturity:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Our daughter got her learners permit and just started that process ourselves

Back