• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TERRY'S CUSTOM SEATS?

Dean,

I had the seat on my Tenere done by Terry this past spring. Was on my way to meet some fellow riders in Helen, Georgia and made a ride-in appt w/ Terry at his place in Manchester, TN. He worked on the front seat all day and I left the rear seat with him that evening when I went back to the motel (the rear was just a recover w/ material to match the front seat). Picked the rear seat up in the morning and was on my way.
I've had Corbin's (never again), a couple of Russell's, a Laam, and Spencer's seat mod on previous m/c's. I'd say that Terry's seat is comparable to Laam's in comfort with a seat configuration like the Russell. I think that Russell is the ultimate in comfort, though. Terry showed me all the materials that he had available for covering the seat and thread choices and helped me with making the right selection. I opted for the "no-stitch" pattern and am pleased with how it looks and feels.
Terry & his wife Debi are nice folks and very honest. I did have to pay up front when I contacted them about doing a ride-in appt.

Tried 2 times to get a comfortable seat from him and we decided to not try again. Yes he is very accommodating and dedicated. Just didn't work for me. Will agree the Russell is very well made and comfort has always been the optimum for me.

I had Terry do a seat on my Previous V-strom and while I got along with it just fine on the rider portion, my wife had a terrible time with the rear. The wings cut into the back of her legs where they went towards the Pegs. It did raise the passenger up a bit, which she liked.

I have a Terry's Flat Seat coming in for my Versys 1000 next week.....

I had him make a Flat Seat for my 09 Versys back in 2012 i believe and really liked it. The hump for the pillions on seats bother me and i have a bad hip and knees with arthritis so longer trips are a real pain. With the flat seat i can slide back and enjoy the ride. This last year i haven't ridden the bike as much as i have in the past because of not being comfortable. So with the new seat i hope to get out on some all day rides again. Won't get the seat back until sometime in August. Here are a few photos with the one on my Versys 650...

7423324214_b0917d3d73_b.jpg
IMG_1493 by weljo2001, on Flickr

7423322684_1f53ca5922_b.jpg
IMG_1490 by weljo2001, on Flickr

I have one coming in the next couple of weeks for my Versys 650 . I can’t wait. I have heard a lot of good things about them.

Randy

Terry has made seats for my last three bikes and they all have been incredibly well-made and very comfortable. He is very customer service oriented and a true craftsman.

I have one of his seats and I find it very well made, the service was excellent and he got it back to me sooner than expected. However, the 'seated angle' of the seat is not quite what I was hoping for. I'm sure he would adjust it if I sent it back, but I don't have a spare to use in the meantime, so I haven't done that.
I do find that it needs water-proofing at least once a year, sometimes more.
Overall, very high quality work.

For my Flat Seat for my Versys 1000. It was $300.00 plus $10.00 for some extra stitching i wanted and $25.00 to ship it to me. So $335.00 It arrives next Wednesday...

:clap:

That's an excellent price!

Keep us posted on the long term comfort. I think your getting a much better value with a truly custom seat based on your physical particulars versus an off the shelf option like Corbin.

RB

:clap:

That's an excellent price!

Keep us posted on the long term comfort. I think your getting a much better value with a truly custom seat based on your physical particulars versus an off the shelf option like Corbin.

RB

Yep, Terry has a very reasonable price and the quality is top notch. I went through 7 seats on my Versys 650 when i had it. I loved the flat seat. Being able to just stretch out makes it really comfy. I'm a bigger guy. 6'2" north of 300lbs so the wings on my seat will be 2" wider than normal...Once i get it next week i will be taking it out for a long ride...

My seat was just delivered so will un-wrap and take a quick spin to run some errands and take some photos....

Well, it doesn't look like I will see mine until the second week in October B-(

Randy

Yep, Terry has a very reasonable price and the quality is top notch. I went through 7 seats on my Versys 650 when i had it. I loved the flat seat. Being able to just stretch out makes it really comfy. I'm a bigger guy. 6'2" north of 300lbs so the wings on my seat will be 2" wider than normal...Once i get it next week i will be taking it out for a long ride...
WOW....mabe I shoulda kept the 012 Versys !!
I thought I was the only.....uh...larger guy tryin ta ride one. That flat seat mighta been jus the ticket

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Terry's Custom Seats Web-Site......https://www.terryscustomseats.com

Seat came in this morning so went to run errands and get lunch. The seat looks and feels fantastic. Went with the V-Pattern and really like it. I'm a bigger guy so the wings are out an inch more on each side than normal. Video First impressions........[ame="https://youtu.be/Bc3RmAKzAEQ"]Terry's Flat Seat For Kawasaki Versys 1000 - YouTube[/ame]

44154650512_dfc6d28923_b.jpg
Terry's Custom Seat's Flat Seat For Versys 1000 by weljo2001, on Flickr

44154651292_42514c8589_b.jpg

44154652152_5e54034cce_b.jpg

44154652572_0418fcd279_b.jpg

44154652802_35f35dfec7_b.jpg

44154653592_48b490afac_b.jpg

WOW....mabe I shoulda kept the 012 Versys !!
I thought I was the only.....uh...larger guy tryin ta ride one. That flat seat mighta been jus the ticket

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Yea, I"am a big guy with bad knees and hips with arthritis in all of them and the flat seat did the trick for me. Wish i hadn't of waited so long to get one for my Versys 1000...

Last edited:
Went out for a ride today and to run some errands. Put a little over 200 miles on today and the seat felt fantastic. No aches and pains with the knees and hip. Most enjoyable ride that I've had in a long time.....

Back