• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Garage is full

E.Marquez

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Guess I better get busy before the next one due in this weekend gets here

attachment.php

Err, and can't forget those two flywheels I need to get to

attachment.php

Attachments

• full garage.jpg
    full garage.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 628
  • C1351949-45C6-41F0-8737-B0BF8466D55D_zpstfd9gxt3[1].jpg
    C1351949-45C6-41F0-8737-B0BF8466D55D_zpstfd9gxt3[1].jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 637
Last edited:
Or......a CUSTOM shop out BEHIND the garage!!!!:clap:

This could, of course, be a "general support(GS) "depot level" maintenance facility with the proper "life support" items built in, completely self-sustaining!

Last edited:
There is always a way to put more bikes in the garage. I hope you do a nice post on the ACT gears install, just curious as I am out of the DR-Z400 business.

I can find you some room for that lathe.

Unless you are a building contractor offering to build me a new 80x120" shop on my site for free......... I'll have to pass on your offer :giveup:

But thank you

There is always a way to put more bikes in the garage. I hope you do a nice post on the ACT gears install, just curious as I am out of the DR-Z400 business.

I've done three ACT installs now... all drama free for the most part.

The owner of one has posted in the DRZ thread if your interested.

Alas, no I did not do a write up on the install... My days of free time to do so are less and less ..

Hey man you wouldn't happen to be Fireguy from youtube fame and such??? Just thought the garage looked a tiny bit like his. If so cool and if not then cool also, lol. ;-)

Hey man you wouldn't happen to be Fireguy from youtube fame and such??? Just thought the garage looked a tiny bit like his. If so cool and if not then cool also, lol. ;-)

Nope not fireguy...... but now I'll have to go look, and if its the same garage.... That dude has some explaining to do.....:giveup:

I think his is somewhat unfinished, and not having gotte a close up view of yours I wasn't sure but anyone who has his own lathe... Freaking awesome. Have you ever done any custom machining of hubs and stuff? I am about to venture into a project where I am looking to make (or have made) a one off hub for lacing to a wheel, for a single sided swingarm.... I am definitely looking for someone who isn't afraid to burn chips, but i am thinking this project might infolve more CNC work than an old fashioned lathe or mill.

I think his is somewhat unfinished, and not having gotte a close up view of yours I wasn't sure but anyone who has his own lathe... Freaking awesome. Have you ever done any custom machining of hubs and stuff? I am about to venture into a project where I am looking to make (or have made) a one off hub for lacing to a wheel, for a single sided swingarm.... I am definitely looking for someone who isn't afraid to burn chips, but i am thinking this project might infolve more CNC work than an old fashioned lathe or mill.

Anything can be made on a manual mill or lathe.. it was all done as such before CNC..

CNC just made it faster, more consistent and repeatable, and affordable.

That said neither my skills or equipment is up to whittling a complete hub from billet.

I mod them, make spacers, ect.. but not an entire hub.

I may come back and dialog with you in regards to some spacers at some point. It depends on what road i go down with the wheel situation. The wire wheel setup is going to be next to nearly impossible and even the guy that did it originally never got a rear brake on the thing so going with an aluminum wheel on the bike is probably the route I am going to go but I'll be looking at something like a Marchesini (or Ducati wheel) and if so then I'll need a collar to adapt one of those wheels to the Hawk hub.

I may come back and dialog with you in regards to some spacers at some point. It depends on what road i go down with the wheel situation. The wire wheel setup is going to be next to nearly impossible and even the guy that did it originally never got a rear brake on the thing so going with an aluminum wheel on the bike is probably the route I am going to go but I'll be looking at something like a Marchesini (or Ducati wheel) and if so then I'll need a collar to adapt one of those wheels to the Hawk hub.

Your miles and R&D time, $$ ahead to find an off the shelf hub that can be adapted. There are hundreds of thousands of hub designs available..reinventing the wheel (pun intended) is counterproductive unless a one off design is your goal and you have the budget to support.

Yeah, I think in the long run I'm just looking for a solution that won't break if i take it offroad but I gotta get a parts list of other stuff together long before I get to worrying about that issue, lol.

Unless you are a building contractor offering to build me a new 80x120" shop on my site for free......... I'll have to pass on your offer :giveup:

But thank you
No such luck. I'm just a comedian giving you props on owning a lathe I would kill for. :zen:

Erik, do you repair exhaust stud failures? I have a head that needs to be filled, drilled and threaded.

Dave. Im not set up to tig Aluminum at this time.

But unless the stud hole was really destroyed or drilled a Looooong way off center, installing a thread repair insert is a likely course of action...

Send me a pic and I can likely provide some suggestions or options.

Last edited:
I like the Quick Change tool post , Aloris ?

if so , I may have some tool holders and maybe another post for sale shortly along with some Starrett calipers mic's and so forth and so on

Do you have a taper attachment ?

Also , I know you mentioned not being able to Tig yet ,

when you do , I have prolly a 2 Tons of diff aluminum and stainless in all variety

sheet , expanded , rod , etc etc that I'll be clearing out along with C-clamps 1 or drill presses , belt sander and who knows what else .

JMZ wants this !!

019_zps2c8cd1f9.jpg

012_zps2ef4e298.jpg

038_zps8cfb1e37.jpg

031_zpsf520c75f.jpg

It's my desire to have the same toys in my garage at some point too. Or rather, workshop, separate from the garage... LOL

Back