• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

OHV Sticker placement on V Strom?

hizzo3

Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Feagins
I guess this counts as gear :)

Those who have a motorcycle with plastics (in my case, V Strom) that prevent placement of the OHV sticker on the upper right fork tube, where it can be visible, where did you place it? Thanks in advance.

Not that I'm of any help here, but where are you riding on your Strom that requires an OHV sticker?:eek2:

Right side of headlight shroud that covers the upper fork tube. Basically I tried to place it as close to instructions as I could but still remaining visible. I could have removed the plastic and put it on the fork tube but you would never be able to see it under the plastic.

_

Not that I'm of any help here, but where are you riding on your Strom that requires an OHV sticker?:eek2:

There is a spot out in Trophy Club and a few other areas in Texas. Figure I would at least head out there and see if I like it. One reason I got this bike was in hopes of doing some trips down through Mexico or ship it and myself down to South America and back. Plus, its my $20 vote towards Texas realizing we want more of these 'fun' parks :)

Right side of headlight shroud that covers the upper fork tube. Basically I tried to place it as close to instructions as I could but still remaining visible. I could have removed the plastic and put it on the fork tube but you would never be able to see it under the plastic.

_

So on the outside like you would do a boat registration? Not a fan of sticking it on the plastics/paint like that. ** wonders if I can get a spare peice of plexi and just bolt it on when I need it, take it off when done **

Works for me. If you head out to trophy club, let me know as we go out there quite a bit. Granted, I own a Strom and you won't catch me out there on it no way no how. But I'll bring out my YZ and ride it with ya.

I peeled an old ohv sticker from the fork, and it came off very easily. Not like those car reg stickers. I don't reckon it will damage your plastic.

So on the outside like you would do a boat registration? Not a fan of sticking it on the plastics/paint like that. ** wonders if I can get a spare peice of plexi and just bolt it on when I need it, take it off when done **

Yes exactly. If you're planning to take your bike off road where that sticker is required then a little adhesive will be the least of your worries for damage. Or just stick it on the lower fork leg.

_

Works for me. If you head out to trophy club, let me know as e go out there quite a bit. Granted, I own a Strom and you won't catch me out there on it no way no how. But I'll bring out my YZ and ride it with ya.

Is the park out there that rough out there or you just prefer something more nimble?

Yes exactly. If you're planning to take your bike off road where that sticker is required then a little adhesive will be the least of your worries for damage. Or just stick it on the lower fork leg.

_

hmm... good point.

Is the park out there that rough out there or you just prefer something more nimble?

From my experience, anything out there that requires an OHV sticker is NOT Strom territory. At Trophy Club there are quite a few sections that when dry are filled with powdery sand over a foot deep. When it's not dry, the place is a mud bath that is very slick. Pick your poison I guess.... but for me the Strom is a road bike and taking it into the off-road is just asking for a bunch of hard riding and pain that usually follows.

I'll still go ride it with ya, but I will be sporting my GoPro to record the festivities as well.:trust: Silver bullet is probably correct though, if you are taking it where it requires an OHV sticker, then sticker goo should be the least of your worries.

From my experience, anything out there that requires an OHV sticker is NOT Strom territory. At Trophy Club there are quite a few sections that when dry are filled with powdery sand over a foot deep. When it's not dry, the place is a mud bath that is very slick. Pick your poison I guess.... but for me the Strom is a road bike and taking it into the off-road is just asking for a bunch of hard riding and pain that usually follows.

I'll still go ride it with ya, but I will be sporting my GoPro to record the festivities as well.:trust: Silver bullet is probably correct though, if you are taking it where it requires an OHV sticker, then sticker goo should be the least of your worries.

I agree Bill. I wouldn't ride my vstrom or KLR at TC.

I'll still go ride it with ya, but I will be sporting my GoPro to record the festivities as well.:trust:

Ha ha would be good for a few laughs. I've never been out there and from the pictures it looked more docile then what I am hearing here. Thanks for the warning. :thumb:

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong, there are parts and pieces that would be cake on a Strom. But all the other parts between the easy bits wouldn't be too much fun.

Remember, sand whoops and V-Stroms never really go together.

If you're looking for a place to take the Vstrom off road and play with a decent variety of terrain, I like Rock Ridge on Hwy 51 about halfway between Decatur and Gainsville. It's a large area with everything between wide open meadows and some challenging single track. They don't require an OHV sticker. I think it's $12 for a day. It is $12 per person though, not per bike.
There you can start on the easy stuff and progress as you feel more comfortable. Other good thing is that parts of it drain well so you can go there after a rain and not be forced to ride mud. (Mud is there if you want it however!). I've seen BMW 1200 GS out there playing and I've taken the KLR out there and had fun.

If you're looking for a place to take the Vstrom off road and play with a decent variety of terrain, I like Rock Ridge on Hwy 51 about halfway between Decatur and Gainsville.
I saw that place on-line. IIC, there are two out that way. Just figured TC was closer (I'm in Coppell). But sounds like a good place then. Also gonna try and hit some of the dirt roads on the Hico run and some of the upcoming rides.

Thanks to everyone that replied. This is my first adventure bike, so I am still learning what it can and cant do. Ya'll kept me from having to do the walk of shame at TC. :rofl:

Back