• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Inline water filters - CamelBak add-on?

M

mr-roboto

I have heard some people will install an inline water filter on their water source in order to purify their drinking water. The obvious benefit according to these folks is you can use most water sources such as a stream or mountain water and have it be safe for consumption.

Anybody have experience with this approach? It sure would free up having to haul around water for an extended visit in the wilderness. Do most specialized filters remove stuff like Giardia and chemical contaminants from a given water source?

RB

On my backpacking trip this weekend, we had a water pump that purified it for consumption.
Cool thing, the output side has a connector that matched the newer style camelbak straw hookup so I was able to pump the filtered water directly into the reservoir easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steripen, your UV light miracle

I have two of those bad boys

Treat your Camelbak water and any other water you drink in camp, your hotel in Mexico, or on the trail

Give it a Google

Whenever I'm in bear country, I just ask myself, WWDSD.
What would Dwight Schrute do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But will it repel bears?

In fact it does! They are called bear bacteria which are sometime found in dirty water. Enlarged under a microscope, the bacterium resembles the furry land animal.

dn14690-2_600.jpg

BTW, new bike eh?

RB

Back