• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rain pants for taller inseams?

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
So anyone know where I might find some decent (but not too expensive) rain pants that come in a tall size? My jeans are 34" waist x 36" inseam, but could probably get by with a 34" inseam minimum. In all the searches I've done so far, by the time I get to a 34" inseam, I'm looking at a 4XL or something. :giveup:

I see Olympia has one that comes in a longer length that you can hem, but they're $70+ for just the pants; too rich for me. So if anyone knows of one, please drop me a line. Thanks.

I too have a 36 inseam but since my boots are goretex I don't worry about the length of waterproof pants as they all go to below the gaiter on my boots.

Having said that I have a set of Tourmaster Sentinel waterproofs and they fit just fine.

Rydah,
I'm 30 waist and 36 inseam and I found a men's rain jacket and pants that fit at cycle gear. I bought their (cheap) brand, but there was also a nicer set that were long enough too.

Good luck in your search. I feel your pain. ;-)

Taichi makes a great pant that is probably exactly what you need. However, it's not much cheaper (albeit very good), and not commonly stocked. It's called the RSR034 Drymaster-X Compact Rain Pants, and you'd want a Japanese XXL. They retail for $58.95 and are 100% what you describe. Waterproof, breathable, pack away very small in a tiny carry pack. It'll be a bit of a unicorn in the US (seriously, I see every Taichi item that enters the US and even I'd still have to special order one from Japan for you). But if you really want something high quality that works well and fits right, it's right up your alley.

Back