• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trial Helmet Buy

Reaction score
Where can I try on trial helmets and buy?

Saw someone trail riding with one. I think it pretty good idea now that
the summer heat will be here soon. I came close to dying from heat stroke last summer.

Seems like a good idea, until you get smacked in the face riding the forest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evaporation works better when you ride faster!

Seems like a good idea, until you get smacked in the face riding the forest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto. I would never ride the stuff I typically ride in a helmet lacking a chinbar.

Your helmet wont make that big of difference for overheating anyway so not worth giving up the needed protection. You overheat from your body's core first. Wear wicking undergarments, cooling vest, stay hydrated and keep moving.

_

Appreciate your point in wanting a more vented helmet. The difference between my well vented Aria, though it's not a trials helmet, and the cheap helmet I was wearing before is night and day. The better trials helmets seem to be in the $500 range for a well vented full face model. Around the farm I just wear an open face HJC, but wouldn't wear it riding in the woods or fast off road. Anyway, sourcing in Texas is the issue with trials related anything whether it be gear or bikes. Check this site out and it may lead you to what you are looking for.

Austin Trials

What about the Klim? http://www.klim.com/F4-Helmet-ECE-5106-001.html - It's got the most vents of any helmet I've ever seen. I saw it a few months after buying the One Industries Mx helmet I have now, and really wish I had waited. I'm thinking about one for a 2nd MX helmet exclusively for the hottest summer riding days, and keeping my current one for the coldest winter days.

Back