• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Last Weekend....

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
I have had the Hero2 for a couple of months now, and thus far have taken several photos with it. I am a dunce, and while this this only has 2 buttons, I can't ever seem to get it on Video capture instead of the default Still capture.

Anyway, I finally took my time and made sure I hit the set up button enough times to get it to video mode.

Camera is mounted on the crash bar, head light high. Nothing special in the video, but it was a fun ride, and nice exercise in cutting the footage into a finished product.

https://vimeo.com/44640023

An hour at a time is about all my wife can stand too. I'm only slightly annoyed when we have to stop...

Oh, and an entertaining video. I've only played a little with video and just get no joy doing the editing so I'm sticking to stills.

Last edited:
I have got to quit reading TWT by just clicking the "You Have XXXX Unread Posts" button, thanks for the comments guys.

Trice I am using FCP.

i-npW5sjK-L.png

I had to look that up, here is a link to it. http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/24/conans-editors-really-love-final-cut-pro-x-or-maybe-they-don/

I can't say if it is a tongue and cheek stab in the back or a light hearted attempt to sarcastically show it off???

iMovie is supper easy to use, but as I am still learning, one of my office summer interns who is by far light years beyond me on video editing, swore by the new FCPX, and talked me into trying it. Basically, his assertion is that iMovie is a great program to use, but FCPX is like iMovie with Bacon. Its just better all around and if your starting out now and want to be serious about video capture and editing, then learn FCPX. You will grow into it, instead of growing out of iMovie, and then move to FCPX.

I found it as intuitive as iMovie and fwiw, seemed to handle the HD video files from the GoPro Hero2 and my D800 quicker by a factor of 2 or 3 times quicker.

I don't know enough to "know" why FCPX is a bad from a professional stand point, but I do know that I found it as easy to use as iMovie, with additional features and templates that are not found in iMovie.

I don't want to be a Hollywood editor by any fantasy, but I do want to be able to start to create some of my own content to use as training and awareness video campaigns with my work. Budgets get amended every year and where I had $ last fiscal year to spend on outsourcing video production, this year I have none. So my plan is to try and figure out how to control some of this myself, and even have fun a bit while trying.

Back