• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Went FF…Canon 5D Markii

Reaction score
Just got it today, so it will be a bit before I get to really try it out, but I have already figured out that the high iso performance is amazing.

6400iso. No noise reduction. Shot in RAW, imported to LR4 and then exported to Smugmug as a jpeg.

IMG0018-L.jpg

This is going to be a fun ride!!! :lol2:

Congrats! :clap:

Just curious, what FF lenses do you currently have?

Sigma 150-500
Tamron 70-200 2.8
Canon 24-105L 4.0
Canon 100 Macro 2.8
Canon 85 1.8
Canon 50 1.8
Canon 24 2.8

The only non FF lens that I have is a Tokina 11-16. I always knew I would go FF sometime so I only purchased the one crop sensor specific lens.

The Tokina will be going up for sale soon.

Nice list there. How has the Tamron been for you?

That's my plan, to only buy FF lenses from here on out.

It is a good lens. Kinda wish I had purchased the Sigma with IS. A buddy of mine has the Canon L non IS 70-200 and is trying to sell it....very tempted.

I think the 70-200 2.8 will be my next lens. I'm debating between a 3rd party and the Nikon.

And tomorrow I start a 3 day photo fest at the Texas SWAT Games. Due to manpower issues in Patrol I will only get to be there for 2-3 hours each day but I should hopefully get some good shots.

Back