• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My buddy from Hawaii sent me this video

Reaction score
Sure does make me wish I could ride all sorts of public trails, then take a dip in the ocean. But, I guess mexico is as close as I can get to that around here!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmI5Jn06DNw"]Ride to Green Sands Beach, Hawaii - YouTube[/ame]

Anyone ever ridden in Hawaii?

I rode there by flying out and renting a bike so I could get my 50th state back in '85. Stayed almost completely on pavement though.
Nice place, great weather, but very small.

Did you ride the big island? His place is on the big island, and most of his videos make it look like there is plenty of riding out there. Some gnarly, and some tame stuff.

I guess for a "50 stater" like yourself.....small could mean something different to you:clap:

Did you ride the big island? His place is on the big island, and most of his videos make it look like there is plenty of riding out there. Some gnarly, and some tame stuff.

I guess for a "50 stater" like yourself.....small could mean something different to you:clap:

I ride to Austin a lot for work. It's 510 miles, so I'd call that a medium day ride.
If I rode for a week and hit every paved road, that's small.:trust:

When I ride the gnarly stuff, I tend to crash a lot, so a short miles ride can be an all day excursion pretty easily.

Last edited:
Back