• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Autism MX ride for kids.

Reaction score
They are looking for more volunteers to help with a day camp that gets kids on the autism spectrum out on bikes/ATVs/SxS's for the day. All the info is in the flyer.

7B376C75-F017-4EED-B8F9-3B197C7A55A5_zpsktmnj99n.png

That is really cool. My nephew is partially autistic and has Asperger as well. He always enjoyed riding around my parents property on their ATVs, a Razor and now a Kubota RUV. Motorcycles would be a bit much for him, but he has always done great with the 4 wheeled stuff. When he was young, he would ride with us, but as he got to be a teenager, he was able to drive them. It really gave him a sense of confidence, because he was able to do it and because we trusted him to ride around the property by himself once we saw he was capable of handling them safely. He's 25 now and no longer lives with my folks. He is not able to drive on the road. He still enjoys riding around though when he comes to visit them.

Back