• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

thinking about buying a 93 suzuki gsxr1100. opinions please

Reaction score
the guy who owns it is a mechanic. it needs a fairing and a chain he wants $1500 for it should i buy it or look for something else. the fairing broke when it got knocked over in his drive way. he cant ride a sport bike any more because of a wreck he had in his truck he broke his shoulder says it hurts to much to ride. oh and he lives down the street from me. the main reason i want it is the price and it is a 4 cylinder bike. the one i have now is a modified 250 ninja sounds to much like a dirt bike.

Thats a large step up in power. From flea power to OH-MY-GAWD :eek: .

As long as you think you can handle it I'd say go for it. The gixxer 1100 is an awesome machine. It's very powerful, easily tuned with a ton of aftermarket parts, and very good looking IMO.

Just don't end up as a greasy spot 'k.

i have been told the 93 gsxr1100 has the power to weight ratio of an 04 gsxr600. but has more upgrade options. if i get it i might just build it as a drag bike since i have a corner carver already.

bdropped said:
i have been told the 93 gsxr1100 has the power to weight ratio of an 04 gsxr600. but has more upgrade options. if i get it i might just build it as a drag bike since i have a corner carver already.

Yes, but it's a completely different animal. Comparing the two isn't really fair because the 600 has to be WFO to get the power. The 1100 has that kind of power on tap from about 4000 rpm all the way to redline. There is no wheelie wire on the 1100. and take a look at the torque numbers.

600 is 69.6 Nm (51.33418 lbft) / 10,800 rpm.
And 126 hp / 13 000 rpm
354 pounds dry

1100 is 115 Nm(81.8194 lbft) / 9,000 rpm.
And 155 hp / 10,000 rpm
509 pounds dry

From http://www.suzukicycles.org/

I wish we had a torque curve to look at because it tells the true story between the two motors. The oil cooled motor has a broad torque curve that starts early. This is what makes it so popular for drag racing applications. The power on the 6 is kinda peaky. No guts down low in the revs. The 1100 is fun to drive because the power is delivered so much earlier.

My $0.02

good it will work perfect. i want a drag bike i will be keeping my 250 for a comuter corner/carver just need to make some sort of sound deadener around the air filters.

what kind of filters are you using? I like hearing my carbs sucking down the air... :lol:

i am useing the k&n filter pods its not bad at low rpm but low rpm=no fun. at high rpm it is so loud that i have to wear ear plugs or it will make my ears ring when i get done riding. it only makes that sound when the slides start opening.

Back