• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New from SA

Reaction score
Hey all, I just recently finished the MSF course and now have my License. Just waiting on some student loans and hopefully I'll have a bike soon after that. My first ride ever was on a buddies new R6 after I got back from Iraq, after that I was hooked. Recently, test rode an 02 SV650s, and I think I'm gonna get some sort of V-twin. I was originally looking at a Buell Firebolt, but after test riding the SV, I think a 984cc bike will be waaaay to much. **** I didn't get over 35 on the SV and was scared as ****.

I'm 25. I also already bought all my riding. I just need the bike and I'm set! So I'm not some dumb kid that's not wearing gear and my first bike is a 'Busa....:mrgreen:

Anway, glad to be here!!

Man I am glad you are here. :clap: There are lots of folks with whom you can ride. If you need or want help with checking out bikes for purchase and ultimately folks to go on a ride, just say so and we'll be there. A good riding coach can help you progress as a rider, and this is probably the forum to meet other riders who can assist.

welcome to SA.
Watch the bulletin boards on base. sometimes a guy who is deploying will unload a bike for cheap. Friend's son stationed up at Fort Hood got a yzf600 yamaha with a few scratches for dirt cheap. [the yzf is much more real world friendly than the R6.]

Thanks yall. Yeah I still don't know how I didn't kill my self on that R6. The SV was nuts too, had an R6 throttle tube, holeshot, etc.... and man that had more than enough pwoer for me. Not as smooth as the R6 but man it was great. I really can't wait to get out and ride.
I plan to use the bike for commuting to anf from school, and maybe a track day down the road. Whatever bike i do get I
m starting with the same stuff we did at the MSF. Not because I can't ride, more to just get some cofidence in the bike and myself... Besides i was scrapping the crap out of the pegs. and that was sick.

Welcome aboard, and thanks for your service!

The SV is a great bike, first or not! I had one for a track bike, and it's a blast. Tractable, predictable and forgiving, all good things for a first bike.

Another one might be an EX/Ninja 500. They can be found dirt cheap (sub $2000 sometimes) and are pretty bulletproof. About 10-15 HP down on an SV, but hey, they still have more ponies than just about anything Steve McQueen ever rode :eek2:

I had one of those for a track bike before I got the SV ;-)

No matter what you get, ride safe and ride smart! Remember, they ARE out to get you.

Back