• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shout out for great service

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Loggins
So.... I bought an ADV helmet from RevZilla and when it arrived, it had a security tag on the helmet strap. Apparently they have a retail store and had shipped me a helmet that might have been on display there and forgot to remove the tag.

I was supposed to go on a ride in 2 days where I'd be using the helmet so I was worried I wouldn't have time for them to get me another one without the tag so I figured I'd just go to the garage and remove it myself. I messed up. I ended up damaging the strap.

I contacted RevZilla and they sent me another helmet and took the damaged one back without issue.

Yes...it was their fault for leaving the security tag on in the first place but I damaged the product instead of calling them so they could make it right.

In the end, I got a replacement helmet and they got a damaged one that they can't really return to the manufacturer because it's not a manufacturer defect so they'll likely lose some money on this deal. However....they gained a loyal customer. It's nice to see a company work hard to make it right even when it's not completely their fault.

PS... what I should have done is just called them immediately. They would have fedexed a replacement to me the next day and let me send back the other one.

So.... I bought an ADV helmet from RevZilla and when it arrived, it had a security tag on the helmet strap. Apparently they have a retail store and had shipped me a helmet that might have been on display there and forgot to remove the tag.

I was supposed to go on a ride in 2 days where I'd be using the helmet so I was worried I wouldn't have time for them to get me another one without the tag so I figured I'd just go to the garage and remove it myself. I messed up. I ended up damaging the strap.

I contacted RevZilla and they sent me another helmet and took the damaged one back without issue.

Yes...it was their fault for leaving the security tag on in the first place but I damaged the product instead of calling them so they could make it right.

In the end, I got a replacement helmet and they got a damaged one that they can't really return to the manufacturer because it's not a manufacturer defect so they'll likely lose some money on this deal. However....they gained a loyal customer. It's nice to see a company work hard to make it right even when it's not completely their fault.

PS... what I should have done is just called them immediately. They would have fedexed a replacement to me the next day and let me send back the other one.

was it one of those thumbtack kind of deals that goes thru the fabric? i could see how that would be a challenge. at least it wasn't loaded with ink :mrgreen:

was it one of those thumbtack kind of deals that goes thru the fabric? i could see how that would be a challenge. at least it wasn't loaded with ink :mrgreen:

Yeah..I should have just crushed it with pliers and then cut the shaft of the thumbtack but instead I tried to grind it off.

It worked very well....except it ground off half the strap as well in about 5 seconds. It simply worked way faster than I expected.

Anyway...lesson learned...just call them and let them send me a replacement instead of being a DIY guy in that moment.

I'll Echo Revzilla and add Rocky Mountain ATV customer service.

good to hear they did right by you, I haven't had much to do with them but stories like this give folks confidence. thanks for sharing

Back