• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MSF Course in Fort Worth

Reaction score
TWT,

I’m a new rider looking to take the MSF course first for safety purposes, but also to count for the riding portion of my endorsement. I was wondering about some favorite places to take this course in the Fort Worth area. Obviously looking for a decent price, but I have to be able to take it over a weekend, not during the week.
Also, I ride a Suzuki DR650, so if they are only interested in teaching guys on Harley’s that might not be the place for me. Not sure if that’s a common theme.

Thanks,

-Andrew

Every MSF course that is for the 'basic', that I've heard of, conducts the class on the classes bikes (mine was a Rebel 250). If you want to take a class on your bike, you'd need to take an 'advanced' class.

Below is what I found
https://www.google.com/search?num=3....64.psy-ab..1.4.451...0i22i30k1.0.kgl8A8y8DhQ

The HD dealers have the 'basic' and use their Street model. They are also like the MSF course.

Pick your poison ;-)

Look here under training locations. Unless it's at a Harley Dealership, most locations use some sort of 250cc bikes. You can use your own but most advise against it. You will need to pass a written and an on cycle riding evaluation then as long as you are 18 , there is no more testing. Just showup at the DPS with school MSB8 and that's it. If you are a current rider and just want to get legal, find a location that offers Total Control class. You can get it done in one day and you use your bike. The exercises are more advanced and fun.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/msb/

I'm in Fort Worth and took the basic class last year at Freedom Power Sports off loop 820W. I just used their bike for day two training. Day one was in class manual review and written test. Day two is actual riding techniques and test in the Hulen Mall parking lot.

A friends 15 year old daughter took the Harley class and loved it.

They all provide the bike anyway, nothing wrong with the Harley class if it's schedule fits your needs.

Nothing to be scared of, they don't make you buy a Harley or even make you wear a pirate costume in the class. :)

Back