• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

JT had a wreck

I loved that show when I was a kid,plus lost in space and The Dukes of Hazzard. :mrgreen:

JT's foot surgery today went well. The doctors say it is likely his last major surgery on the foot. He may need some minor surgery in 6-9 months if he is having pain in the foot but it would be minor (relative to what he has gone through so far) bone fusing stuff.

The rods sticking out of his foot from the first several surgeries are gone and he is now in a regular cast with his toes showing. I anticipate he will be discharged tomorrow or Thursday.

Yes that is awesome news. Get well JT, looking forward to seeing you on the DS rides when you get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In further good news, doctors were able to successfully remove JT's asoptical nerve with no complications.

google search led to this, happy reading. dont know which y'all are referring to but , what the ****, nice story.

There was once a family with four squabbling siblings. The eldest son wanted to youngest son to work harder and the youngest son wanted the eldest daughter to pray harder and the eldest daughter wanted to youngest daughter to stop whining all the time and the youngest daughter just wanted to grow up, get married and get away from the bickering. So as you can see, they all got on each other’s nerves a little bit.

Their father and mother would return from a hard days work to hear, “He did this and she did that!” from all four of their bitter children.

As time wore on, the father grew weak and ill, but even sitting by his deathbed, the siblings would not cease their quarreling. Now the argument had turned into who should get the money when their father died.

“I should get it, I’m the oldest”, said the eldest brother.

“I should get it, I’m the most hardworking”, said the eldest sister.

“I should get it, I still haven’t finished school”, said the youngest son.

“I should get it, I’ll need it for my dowry”, said the youngest daughter.

Finally, the father had had enough. With much effort and the little strength he had left, he heaved himself out of bed and left the room. The siblings were so busy snapping at each other that they didn’t even notice their dying father had gone.

A few minutes later, the father returned. He quietly leaned against the doorframe for support and waited for his children to notice him. Several moments went by before the youngest son saw his father hunched by the door. He elbowed his elder brother to shut up, who poked his younger sister to keep quiet who prodded her younger sister to stop whining. Finally the house was silent.

Their father took a deep breath and held up a bunch of sticks tied together with twine. He held it out to his youngest daughter. “Try to break this bundle twigs”.

The youngest daughter tried, but the bundle would not budge. Then the eldest daughter tried and failed. By this time the youngest son was laughing at his sisters’ weakness grabbed the bundle. He struggled till his face turned red, but was no more successful than his sisters.

The eldest son smirked and reached out for the bundle but soon his smirk melted into a sweaty frown as he too huffed and puffed, and strained and struggled but could not break even one of the twigs in the bundle.

Then, their father asked for the bundle, and after untying the twine, handed each of his children a single twig. “Now, try to break this.”

Snap! Snap! Snap! Snap!

All the twigs were snapped in a second.

“You are these individual twigs. Alone and unprotected. In times of hardship and trouble, you will snap just like the twig in your hand. But if you learn to get along, support and respect each other, then when your enemies seen and unseen attack, you will be as strong and powerful as the bunch of sticks that none of you could break.”

From that day on, though it was difficult at times, all the siblings worked hard to get along and stick together.

Last edited:
Just saw this, Sorry to hear about the accident JT, what happened? Was it on the road or dirt? I thought Rebecca made a mess of her arm, but sounds like your foot is far worse! We will have to get all the walking wounded together for a drink sometime!! Get well soon, let us know if you need anything.

Gary

First, thanks to everyone for the generosity, the prayers, the thoughts, and well wishes. It is helping. I have always known this forum is full of great folks, now I have more proof.

After four surgeries, the orthopedic wizards at Brooke Army Medical Center have managed to put my foot back together, now it just needs time to heal. I feel that I was very lucky to have been treated at BAMC, nobody knows how to fix bones better than these guys.

Thank you,
John

They do deal with the worst trauma in the Army.
Keep your therapy up and we'll do a proper JT ride when you are ready.

Hey John! Sorry to hear about the wreck. Keep your head up and keep on the PT. Hope to see you on the road again.

Hello JT glade your on the road to recovery and get this behind you.
Its a pleasure to ride along with you at TAR events & Terlingua, and your skills with GPS.
Speedy recovery ADV brother.

Glad you are back in the appropriate number of JT pieces! Heal well, John. Sending love and hugs and cheers :sun:

Actually, I just had a followup appointment in San Antonio yesterday. The head of the ortho team said it looked very good except for a small patch of skin between two stich lines. He said that skin might not recover and then we would have to deal with an open wound. I have another followup in 2 weeks. I have been feeling great, just a little discomfort if the cast is not positioned properly, no pain.

JT

That is great, JT. Very glad to know you're so far along in the Putting JT Back Together process.

I feel you on the cast thing... They suck... I had a real problem with swelling in my ankle and if I had my leg down for more than a minute or two at the most, it would swell to the point where the cast just felt super tight! Then there was the itching because they had totally shaved my lower leg :twitch:

hey JT.
very happy to hear what it seems to be very good news
always hoping for the best for you.
not even beginning to understand what your going through. our prays are with you
thanks for the update.

So is the back injury basically a non-issue now?

Back