• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 F700GS

Glad the bike is working out as planned, Daniel. How do you like the Anakee 3 tires?

Glad the bike is working out as planned, Daniel. How do you like the Anakee 3 tires?

You can see that I'm a commuter now, I have no complaints about them getting me through 4 seasons (can we say that in Texas?), Wet or Dry, hot or cold, they kept me on the road.
I haven't taken them edge to edge, maybe some day.

Do ya need a rear luggage plate & trunk for it?? Ive got em both...listed for sale here

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

I might have to look and find the listing, sometimes I wish I didn't need a backpack to carry stuff.

Have an exhaust to list myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, it's a Givi 45. I had one of those on my first VStrom, and liked it a whole lot better than the OEM box.

Oh, it's a Givi 45. I had one of those on my first VStrom, and liked it a whole lot better than the OEM box.
Well....not an E45....those are the older squareish Monokey cases... Mine is a E450 Simply Monolock....still 45 ltrs capacity
& indeed...waaay better n the Suzuki cases
Easy to use latching with provision to add lighting for visibility

Last edited:
Mr2mch, sent you a message about the top case.

I find the base ugly, and I don't like top cases in general, but I do need one, so this offer seems right :)

Tail boxes in general are just ungainly looking. But I can't imagine being without one; they're simply TOO handy. What I like about Givi is (1) it's easily big enough to put a helmet, or maybe two, into, and still have a bit of space left. And (2) being wider than the VStrom's OEM trunk, you can lay some surprisingly large objects inside it -- like a 16" laptop inside a case.

This is the E450....appx 20" wide..16" long
& 12" high
b6f34b668276034bba31faab5262c9c3.jpg

I just thought it might be a good option on a limited bike budget... But sounds like you may have other ideas.
Jus lemme kno

I'm taking it, just need to figure out payment. Which might add a couple days if I need to add the card to PayPal first.

Now I just need to get my behind in gear and eBay my Akrapovic.

f5387c1872d060c7ac36033b8dc95281.jpg

b280af6238816b1b04d264d8da3c806b.jpg

Tail-untidy installed.

Feels pretty good and the moment I got on and off the bike without hanging up I already liked it a whole lot better. ;)
So Friday when I head to CycleGear to pick up my new helmet, I have a place to put it.

Thanks for the quick packing+shipping by the way, much appreciated.

Thats a unique lil muffler there

Glad ya got the rack installed quikly

After my beloved Akrapovic didn't quite fit post header change and my 18" Delkevic sounded rather flacid, I decided it's time to try the sexy 8" Delkevic, and luckily that works for me.
Cagers certainly hate that little gem as they finally give me the distance I deserve, instead of crawling up my behind with a quiet exhaust.

No way to know what you really like/want unless you try a few options and see if it rides well and how it sounds. (Flacid sounding 18" Delkevic ran absolutely well, Akrapovic seems to be fully matched to stock header and does seem to show it with the arrow header best sound all around, so for stock header bikes it would be my favorite (debaffled, harmless yet hearty), this 8" Delkevic runs (almost) perfect with baffle in (yeah, found something to nitpick after a recent trip), baffle out feels like you're not moving because the noise is just obnoxious before you even start moving, so I'm glad it flows well with baffle in, stock that I tried the past three days on the Arrow header isn't too terrible down low just everything seems to happen delayed, which considering there is no noise that makes you expect movement is quite noticeable that the bike takes its time compared to the other three exhausts)

Edit: corrected statement about 8" Delkevic

Last edited:
I used to rent this bike in Europe to ride Alps and Pyrenees. It's just about 85 euros/day.
Cool fun bike when riding solo, but even with a passenger and loaded it does the job well.
I've rented about 4 or 5 F700's and didn't notice any vibrations.

It's interesting to see if the new F750 will be any different.

Back