• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kawasaki Concours owners/riders mega thread

I did

Attachments

• 2014-10-31 07.10.01.jpg
    2014-10-31 07.10.01.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 340
rough road? I took a concours through a creek, 50 miles of loose and hard gravel and 250 miles of desert.

Plus one of my connies has been through Dalton twice.

I'm going to go ahead and assume there was another issue that just made it worse. Any chance it had no gear oil or old gear oil? Plastic baggy wrapped around it?

Everything else was fine
Where it broke was right in the middle of the swing arm tube. There is no oil or greaservice suppose to be on it right there.

This may show it better.

Attachments

• 2014-10-31 11.45.57.jpg
    2014-10-31 11.45.57.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 2014-10-31 11.45.24.jpg
    2014-10-31 11.45.24.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 348
  • 2014-10-31 11.46.24.jpg
    2014-10-31 11.46.24.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 283
My guess is that you were just lucky and got one with a weak section of metal. Sorry you had that happen to you.

I may be in the market for a C10. It will be used as an all around bike,commuting,short and long trips and riding with my wife. I've looked at a lot of the great pictures on this post. I've noticed some of the C10's have a taller then stock backrest on them. Does anyone still make a taller backrest for the C10? The stock backrest is way too short for my wife. Yes, this may be a deal breaker whether I buy an older Connie or not.

The back rest on mine is mounted to the top case which is really worth having anyway. My wife who is a very senior citizen likes riding it, but the backrest is a big part of that. She also liked the Russel seat that I added. I nearly choked on that considering the value of the bike, but it has been a worthwhile addition.

My wife has ridden one of the opposed BMW's and on a Harley Ultra and she prefers the Connie. She has not ridden on a Wing.

I may be in the market for a C10. It will be used as an all around bike,commuting,short and long trips and riding with my wife. I've looked at a lot of the great pictures on this post. I've noticed some of the C10's have a taller then stock backrest on them. Does anyone still make a taller backrest for the C10? The stock backrest is way too short for my wife. Yes, this may be a deal breaker whether I buy an older Connie or not.

The rack you are seeing is probably the one made by Ron Lyons. I do not think he is making them anymore, but used ones can be found with a little bit of searching.

Howdy y'all.......not new to TWT but new to Connies.

I picked up a 2003 C10 a few weeks ago for commuting and general sport touring in the Hill Country.........love it........awesome bike. Sure it's warm on a summer day......just keep moving.:trust:

It was a pleasure meeting kickstand-prophet and rhodyne at last Sunday's M & G at the County Seat in Lampasas and discussing C10's.

20150913_114654_zpszynqmtc8.jpg

Last edited:

I picked up a 2003 C10 a few weeks ago for commuting and general sport touring in the Hill Country.........love it........awesome bike. Sure it's warm on a summer day......just keep moving.:trust:

It was a pleasure meeting kickstand-prophet and rhodyne at last Sunday's M & G at the County Seat in Lampasas and discussing C10's.

Nice speaking with you also. There are more than a few Connie riders on the board. Thanks for joining in.

Looks just like my old one! Best year, BTW.

Back