• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie in Central Texas

Reaction score
First Name
Tami
Last Name
Graybill
Hi everybody, I am very new to riding. Took my class in April '06 but just got my first bike and I love it. She's an '07 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2. Hubby got an '07 Suzuki Boulevard C50 at the same time, so we can go riding together. Would love to meet other riders in or near our area some time. We live in Taylor and love to ride the back roads out here.

Well, hope to meet some new friends in here and hopefully some new riding buddies too.

See ya in the wind,

Tam:jammin:

:welcome:

Welcome to the site! Sounds like ya' got some nice rides. :sun:

Thanks msnyder755! Maybe you can help me learn more about my bike. I am really new and want to learn all I can about my bike, riding and taking care of my new ride. Nice to meet you ;-)

Welcome from another Shadow rider.

The only thing you really need to know about your Shadow is it likes to ridden. A lot! :rider:

:welcome: Welcome and enjoy. You've already made some real quality decisions: Took an MSF class, riding lesser traveled backroads, enjoying riding with hubby. No mention made yea or nay but I suggest you buy all the protective gear you can afford too. It's the smart thing to do. It can really minumize an injury should the worst case scenario occur. Anyway, glad your living life and enjoying riding. Cruise on sis.:mrgreen:

You live in a great area for riding. I struggle to get clear of Austin traffic until getting past Hutto. A popular area to ride is west of Austin, but I've been trying to get out east to find interesting and less traveled roads. I like the area north and east of Granger.

Welcome to TWT. One of your first tasks is to find out what a "pie run" is. They are listed under the "TWT Sponsored Events". Congratulations on the new bikes. My wife has no interest in riding, so I'm jealous when both are into bikes.

LOL....thanks for the welcome Dukey33! I am very happy to meet some other Shadow riders on here. And believe me, my Shadow will be ridden ALOT.....no sittin in the garage for me if I can help it!! :rider:

Hi Maintainer, yes I have the helmet, the gloves , the boots....don't have a good leather jacket yet but plan on getting one soon. It will always be safety first with me. I have heard of too many things that can happen if you're not prepared. See ya in the wind!

Tam

I was out riding in that area yesterday. I took 972 to 95 and then rode 112 to Lexington, then backtracked home. 1331 and 908 are another nice ride in the area.

Thanks WHOA.....I will certainly find out what a pie run is, sounds interesting, lol......You should stay in touch, maybe we can all meet up sometime and ride together out in this area. I know alot of backroads out here but hubby knows many more than I do so he would be a good guide. Maybe I can get him signed up on here soon. We both belong to another forum as well with some friends in the Houston area. Great bunch of folks who made us feel like family, just like on here :sun:

Ride on!
Tam

I'd point you towards textile as an alternative to leather. It's cheaper and more versitile over a wider range of conditions. Go see Denise at Lone Star. They have far more choices overall and a good selection of women's gear in both leather and textile.

Hi txmedic, how funny. If you were on 112 heading towards Lexington, you passed right by my house. I saw a couple of riders go past my house yesterday, looked possibly like a hubby and wife riding together, each on their own bikes. I was jealous because I was having my daughter's birthday party at the time and couldn't get out there myself, LOL. I am going today though with my cousin, whenever the fog clears. Nice to meet you, maybe we can ride together some time.

Let's ride!
Tam

P.S. Thanks for the advice on the textile vs. leather, I'll check in to it

Welcome Tam and hubby! My husband and I both ride together as well and we really love it.

Enjoy your new ride!

Hi Michelle, I have a daughter named Michelle. Thanks for the welcome and you enjoy riding too.

Tam

Back