• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

jambkr

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Munoz
Hello all,
Just found this site from a link on you-tube for the "Everywhere" Texas version. That was great. I am a relative newbie to riding. I finally bought my first bike 1 1/2 years ago after talking about doing it for 20+ years. I bought a used Suzuki Intruder LC1500 in case I either messed it up or didn't like riding. My only regret so far is that I didn't do it sooner. I love my bike and ride all the time, but I have yet to go on more than 1 recreational ride in the 15K miles I've put on it so far. I ride back and forth to work most days (85mi/day). Unfortunately, I'm always working so I don't get to ride where and when I'd like. I am hoping to change that this year.

It was a brisk ride in to work this morning here in Houston, but I loved it. Better than a cup of coffee for getting your blood pumping and making sure you're wide awake.:rider: .

I live in the Spring area and am interested in meeting any riders around here. I am going to try to make it to PO's this next Tuesday (I guess it's every Tue.?) to try to meet some of the folks on here.

I guess that's all for now. Looking forward to meeting and riding with everyone.

Alex

Welcome to the asylum. That's a bit of a commute! Glad you can do it on two wheels.

Gotta get my 2-wheel time any way I can. An addiction is an addiction is an addiction, right? Mostly freeway driving from Spring to Pasadena. I just try to stay in the left lane, keep the throttle open and try not to get run over. :eek2:

I can relate to the commuting. I live in Huffman and commute to the Woodlands every day, via my big pig of course. Actually had to wear the balaclava and a helmet liner this morn, hehe. Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I had to put on the insulated bibs this morn along with the neoprene mask. Felt like one of the guys from the Mel Gibson/Road Warrior movies. LOL.

Welcome! This month's Pie Run is in Sealy, I'll bet you could meet a bunch of new folks and get some non-commuting miles in.

I read a little about the Pie Runs but still not quite sure how they work. Is there a place on here that I can get some more info?

I read a little about the Pie Runs but still not quite sure how they work. Is there a place on here that I can get some more info?

Welcome. Commuting on a bike in Houston traffic is treacherous. :eek2: Pie run info: I believe the newbie has to stick his head thru a hole in the wall and the TWT regulars chunk pie's at him. Kind of a right of passage thing. You gonna be at the next one? :-P :lol2:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23693

Pie Runs are a lunch event in which riders from all over the state and beyond form their own rides to the event. Some come alone, some meet up with other locals and ride together. It's all free-form so you can make as much or as little of it as you like. Read some of the ride reports and you'll get the idea.

Here is last month's:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24505

:welcome: to the site! One more from Spring. Just where in Spring are you? Spring is a big place. the Feb Pie run thread should be starting soon. :eat: :eat3:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

That video is awesome (Thanks to Gilk51). I noticed recently it has close to 90,000 views!!

Definitely try to make a Pie Run, they are great fun!

Live near the intersecton of Kuykendahl/Louetta. Definitely interested in the Pie Run. As long as the old schedule allows. I'll keep my eyes open for the new thread and try to get together to ride there.

Any set protocol for what you have to wear when you stick yer head through the hole. :eat: lol.

Alex

Welcome to the TWT family. We tried to meet for a bike night in Montgomery on Thursday but the cold has been routing us to Huntsville. Hope you can join us some time. :sun:

I guess this'll give me a chance to try out my new Frog Toggs in a semi-safe situation...lol.

I'd like to try to get up to Huntsville for a meeting. It would be nice to try and get a lunch/ride through the Nat. Forest up there

Are you a Monday thru Friday schedule guy or do you work shifts with odd days off?

I am one of the many shift workers in the O&G industry based around the Houston ship channel. According to my schedule I only work 6 months out of the year...yeah right! I work the DuPont schedule but we work most of our days off. Over 1000 hrs. OT last year and on track to beat that this year. May be a change of dpartments for me in the near future, so I may have some more ride time. :clap: .

Good to have you on board. Since you work shift you probably miss the big rush hours, but don't forget that the HOV lanes are open to bikes if that happens to work for you. I've had to get on transtar to figure out where you get on some of them, but they make the ride a lot safer and quicker.

Dave.

Unfortunately, can't take advantage of the HOV lanes too often. I ride I-45 and around 610 to get to Hwy 225. On the way home in the evenings I find it's a bit safer to take 610 to 59 N and catch the beltway to I-45 N. That way I don't have to risk my life even more trying to get on I-45 @ the 610 interchange by Crosstimbers/Airline. :eek2: Truly bad engineering design there.

Thanks for the welcome.

Alex

Back