• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Displaced Texan

Bubba1

Reaction score
My scooter is a '06 Black VTX 1300 S. Even though I'm living in Tucson for now I'm trying my best to come home. I’m a political junky, I cook, paint (not much lately), do photography, write about art and life, and I fly airplanes for a living. For a guy that grew up on a West Texas dirt farm in the 40’s and 50’s, I’m OK. I don’t have much use for normal male activities like hunting and sports although I can scratch and ogle with the best of ‘em. I know which fork to use most of the time, I don’t curse unless it’s needed and for the most part I can get along in polite society. I’ve seen more of the world than most people have and I think I can say things about it that may be interesting.

Attachments

• onThe WaytoGlobe011308BBR.jpg
    onThe WaytoGlobe011308BBR.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 116
West Texas?

uh, what part of "west Texas" do you hail from originally? There are a few of us here from the Panhandle.

Welcome from afar.

My scooter is a '06 Black VTX 1300 S. Even though I'm living in Tucson for now I'm trying my best to come home. I’m a political junky, I cook, paint (not much lately), do photography, write about art and life, and I fly airplanes for a living. For a guy that grew up on a West Texas dirt farm in the 40’s and 50’s, I’m OK. I don’t have much use for normal male activities like hunting and sports although I can scratch and ogle with the best of ‘em. I know which fork to use most of the time, I don’t curse unless it’s needed and for the most part I can get along in polite society. I’ve seen more of the world than most people have and I think I can say things about it that may be interesting.

You need to come home. Goodness knows there's a shortage of interesting people wherever you go.

I lived in Odessa for 4 years. Interesting experience and I actually enjoyed it. I really appreciated the proximity to the Big Bend it provided.

I spent my school years between a dirt farm 13 miles north of Big Spring and Odessa. After finishing H.S. I moved to Houston. Four years ago I moved to McMinnville, OR for a job then last August to Tucson for a different job. **** I miss Texas.

I spent my school years between a dirt farm 13 miles north of Big Spring and Odessa. After finishing H.S. I moved to Houston. Four years ago I moved to McMinnville, OR for a job then last August to Tucson for a different job. **** I miss Texas.

What line of work you in? The place I work always seems to be hiring and at pretty good salaries; then throw in the low cost of living here and it makes for a pretty good combination.

take a look at Pantex.com

Welcome to TWT.

I didn't start out in Texas but I got here as quick as I could.

Welcome to TWT!

That sure is a mighty fine aviation museum you had up in McMinnville. I was coming through there last summer, no particular destination in mind kind of riding, and while heading over to the coast, I looked to my right and I see a HUGE bulding and 2 others under construction, and a sign welcoming me to see the Spruce Goose. Needless to say I spent the better part of the day in the museum.

Back