• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rendezvous Time!!! Rich Mountain Rendezvous - Sept. 14-17, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

sKatZ

Chronically lost
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Kat
Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2017 will be held from September 14-17, 2017. Registration is open now at rmr4casa.com

Save $5 on registration with the coupon code ERLYBRD by August 1, 2017.

What: Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2017
Where: Queen Wilhelmina State Park, Mena, AR
When: Sept. 14-17, 2017
Why: To support the CASA of the Ouachita volunteers who care for abused and neglected children in foster systems.

Great food, great riding, great entertainment - all the greatness for $50. That even includes your event t-shirt!

Register today - We’ll see you on the mountain!

Fantastic!!!

Got the email too. Trying to talk the wife into going. The 8 hour ride to get there is a barrier, but she actually considered it. If she comes, I'll try to get a room at the lodge.

Got the email too. Trying to talk the wife into going. The 8 hour ride to get there is a barrier, but she actually considered it. If she comes, I'll try to get a room at the lodge.

She would probably be more comfortable in this.
6e78dc455ab495737c527197989ddc52.jpg

We're thinking about it. I can't quite commit yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She would probably be more comfortable in this.
6e78dc455ab495737c527197989ddc52.jpg

We're thinking about it. I can't quite commit yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, are you an Uber driver and willing to pick up? :rofl:

Hmm, are you an Uber driver and willing to pick up? :rofl:
[emoji23] plenty of room for five or six people!

Ride, drive, pack mule...all valid modes of transportation

I am in for this, will camp. For the few camping trips I do, this is is a great site.

Re: Rich Mountain Rendezvous Tiddler Challenge

Continuing the spirit of the Big Bend Dos y Dos and the East Texas Tiddler Endurance Run, let's incorporate a small bike/scooter run into the 2017 Rich Mountain Rendezvous, for motorcycles and scooters up to 250cc - the smaller and older the better. We may even have a few wacky awards for smallest/oldest, etc...... :rider:

The proposed ride is a ±126 mile paved road route departing Rich Mountain on Saturday morning. This ride can be a little challenging on a tiddler due to the elevation changes, but certainly do-able as I scouted the route on an plated XR100, accompanied by a vintage Honda 250cc scooter & a red chinese 250cc scooter.

So lets dust-off and tune-up our small bikes/scooters and accept the challenge of scaling Rich Mountain on our tiddlers.

Brad B. has already answered the call: In addition to prepping his C70 Passport, he's commissioned a re-build of his Urban Express scooter - it'll be better than new when completed:
get-photo.asp

Calling James to the white courtesy phone - with his vintage Vespa scooter:
get-photo.asp

Tom, it's always exciting to see a vintage tiddler on the road:
get-photo.asp

And, Kat, TW's always bring a smile to the ride :sun::
get-photo.asp

We can also work up an off-pavement challenge ride for Friday for our small bikes - I already have a ±75 mile loop in mind.

Last edited:
PLanning on a new 300cc machine by then.
Unless the 250 Rallye becomes available by then.
Maybe I can ride sweep and stay out of sight.

More info on the Tiddler to the Top is available at rmr4casa.com.

Anyone can ride! Only the 'petite' can 'compete' (so to speak)... It's all for fun and fun for all!

I seem to be stuck in a slogan loop...

rmr4casa.com/tiddler-to-the-top-new-rmr-fun-for-2017/

Last edited:
I'm definitely in on the rally. It's the best. Last year was awesome, watched the storms and lighting in the distance from atop the mountain. Couldn't have been better, except for Roberts tent being blown over and him nearly drowning.
But the tiddler ride. I have 2 bikes that should quality. CT 110 and CL160. I'm up for the challenge, ready.

Alright, y'all! The Tiddler to the Top is added to the site. AND for you Facebook folks, there's now a FB page that is poorly liked and sparsely posted on so it neeeeeeeds you!

www.facebook.com/rmr4casa

Like! Share! Ride!

Last year was awesome, watched the storms and lighting in the distance from atop the mountain. Couldn't have been better, except for Roberts tent being blown over and him nearly drowning.

Nearly only counts in horseshoes.

Last edited:
You definitely won the "Underwater Camping" award. If we had one.

It is certainly looks like it is going to be an all star event. I'm a hopeful, to attend that is, at this point. I miss you folks. Hardy

Registered. This will be the trial trip for the newly improved CRF250L before heading to MexTrek.

See y'all on the mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back