• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #190- "It's Hot" (Entry)

LG2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the four images! All four fit the bill for it's hot. Great to get some black and whites. A couple of these guys actually got out into the heat to get the picture.

Andrus' image is nice and sharp though I felt the background was a little distracting.
Slowpokes's was creative with the black and white, just wish the dog was not right up against the edge of the frame.
Scott's is great using the pepper and the model to create a little "double entendre" (I had to look that phrase up to make sure I was using it correctly ;-))
Kudo's to Mark for what likes he was actually went riding in this heat to get the picture.

The winner is Scott.

Thanks again for the images.

Last edited:
Thanks for the four images! All four fit the bill for it's hot. Great to get some black and whites. A couple of these guys actually got out into the heat to get the picture.

Andrus' image is nice and sharp though I felt the background was a little distracting.
Slowpokes's was creative with the black and white, just wish the dog was not right up against the edge of the frame.
Scott's is great using the pepper and the model to create a little "double entendre" (I had to look that phrase up to make sure I was using it correctly ;-))
Kudo's to Mark for what likes he was actually went riding in this heat to get the picture.

The winner is Scott.

Thanks again for the images.

Scott's image was the prettiest of them all! IMHO....:sun:
Great job, nice photo! :clap:

Wow, thank you.

This was fun.... If that dog would have had another six inches of 'nose room' I would have chosen that. Does that mean I was selected '....by a nose'? :-)

I had been wanting to shoot Phoebe for a while now, and had a different shot envisioned. There, Phoebe would have been in a red bikini in a small kiddie blow-up pool, little kids umbrella just behind her along with a pink flamingo and her holding a red sippy cup with a straw that made loops. I was planning on spraying her with a glycerine/water mix or putting the sprinkler on and flashing her with enough wattage to freeze the water droplets in the air. Walmart didn't have a single one of those items. Doh! Plan B-

So Plan B was a studio shot to portray 'Hot'. I bought a bag of sweet peppers and picked out the best looking jalapeno's I could find and washed them up. A white backdrop was setup and flashed to make it bright white, and Phoebe was about 30" in front of that sitting on a stool. We just took various shots of her and that pepper, then swapped the peppers out, lost some clothes along the way and just kept shooting. Post was the first time I tried the "selective color" thing and not knowing how to really do it, I just dropped all the colors out except green and that was the end result. I vacillated between the B&W and color versions as well as this one or a 1/4 view of her. In the end it was a toss up.

I'll have a new assignment up in the next day or so.

Here's a few others from the shoot :deal:

DSC_8649-3-XL.jpg

DSC_8671_pp-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Content/Client-Access/Phoebe/i-bWxgt2w/0/aef4f140/XL/DSC_8690_pp-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Content/Client-Access/Phoebe/i-sj6MdRb/0/f1c5bb7a/XL/DSC_8704-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Content/Client-Access/Phoebe/i-rzrfpzK/0/9ce3cf62/XL/DSC_8709-XL.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Content/Client-Access/Phoebe/i-XNBnfcw/0/aa00dc3e/XL/DSC_8714_pp-XL.jpg

I intended my shot to look busy in the background as to me, they added to the story. A cold draft beer, a chewed on lime slice, conversation with the waitresses plus TV's to gander at. Was a great way to beat the 98F temps outside.

Can't argue with the decision! Recently picked the hobby up so looking forward to learning through more challenges!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't argue with the decision! Recently picked the hobby up so looking forward to learning through more challenges!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great! So what is confusing to you/what would you like to tackle?

those are some interesting....handlebars Scott

Wowzers, looks like a fun photo shoot. Shame the original plan didn't work out.

It was....A bit out of my comfort zone again, but well worth the effort. A white BG is much less forgiving than a black one and I still don't think I got it right.

When life gives you lemons make lemonade with vodka, right? :-)

Back