• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kawasaki Concours owners/riders mega thread

How about the TPM's? What year do you have?

It's a 2010. The previous thought they were inaccurate and didn't like that so he disabled them. He gave me the codes so that I can have them re-enabled by the Kawasaki dealer if I want. I probably will at some point, but didn't this time.

It's a 2010. The previous thought they were inaccurate and didn't like that so he disabled them. He gave me the codes so that I can have them re-enabled by the Kawasaki dealer if I want. I probably will at some point, but didn't this time.

A recent '11 here. When they go away I may do the same. Had read on a forum if they are taken off, unhook battery for a time(?) and when started back up they will no longer be recognized. Next tire change may go 90* valves and leave it at that.

Pacman, If you want, you can come up and use mine when you need to. I'm retired now, so I'm around the house a lot.

Pacman, If you want, you can come up and use mine when you need to. I'm retired now, so I'm around the house a lot.

Mike, that's very generous of you. When new tire time comes around again I will definitely take you up on that. I remember that "tech day" we had at your place and how much fun it was.

A recent '11 here. When they go away I may do the same. Had read on a forum if they are taken off, unhook battery for a time(?) and when started back up they will no longer be recognized. Next tire change may go 90* valves and leave it at that.

Those 90* valve stems sound like a really great idea.

I think if I'd like the sensors working again, but I'm not going to take it to the dealer just for that. If I ever have it in for something else I may ask them what it would cost.

And speaking of dealer service, is there a C14 savvy dealer in DFW? If I'm going to let someone fiddle around in the ECU I like them to know what they're doing. I went to Johnson County Motorsports here in Burleson and they didn't even know what my bike was. When the parts guys couldn't figure how to look up a bolt for me, he hollered over to the manager to come help him look up a bolt for this weird Suzuki. I repeated Kawasaki Concours 14, he said oh yeah, the weird Kawasaki dual-sport thingy. How do you work in a Kawasaki dealer and not know what a Concours is, or even what the heck a dual sport is?

/rant

I do not know how I missed this thread. Here I am suppose to be working and most everybody is out for the Christmas break. So with time to kill, I present the pictorial story of the life of my 2013. Everybody likes pictures, even mediocre pictures. Picked this bike up new in March 2014. Mostly stock. Served me well. Still riding it. I came off of a Honda ST1300. This is a similar machine. I never modified it much because I always liked the Honda better. I thought the Connie was temporary. I am still riding it. It really is a great bike.
small.jpg

In the summer of 2014 I failed to evade one wayward bird of about 20 buzzards that flushed up from a dead hog on the side of a country road south of Glen Rose. I might have been exceeding the government approved speed recommendation for that road. I did not go down and I was able to ride home. Insurance paid me and I did the work. Not visible until the outer skin was removed were broken supports and brackets and such. All replaced with new.
buzzardimpact.jpg

IMG_8127er.jpg

IMG_8122er.jpg

Here she is with her pants down for a valve adjustment. Actually no adjustment was required. It was still a significant endeavor none the less.
valveadj_side.jpg

valveadj_head.jpg

valveadj_fairings.jpg

valveadj_bench.jpg

valveadj_timing.jpg

Okay I do ride the thing also, this first pic includes my lovely bride looking at Chimney Rock in Nebraska. The rest are self explanatory except the last one which is at Long Island Sound.
chimneyrocknebraska.jpg

sharonConnecticut.jpg

southdakota.jpg

catskillmountains.jpg

longislandsound.jpg

Okay, back to work...na, I think I am out of here. Merry Christmas all:rider:

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine most who are interested in this thread are also on the COG forum and therefore know about Shoodaben Engineering ECU flashes. But in case there's a C14 owner or two who aren't on there and don't know about Steve and Shoodaben Engineering, trust me they are easily the best bang for the buck mod for C14s. After owning a 2012 C14 for nearly a year, I had Steve reflash my ECU, and wow what a difference! Much smoother shifting, smoother engine braking, easier and quicker starts from stops. Any yeah, more power delivered in a very smooth user-friendly way where you don't have to worry that one millimeter extra throttle will suddenly launch the front wheel. Three different flashes available for your riding needs, with very detailed information on his tuning philosophy. If you're interested go to https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/concours1400.

Back