• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CBR500R in good condition

Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Waugh
Anyone know of a good condition CBR500R for sale? My daughter has been riding her crf250x for 2 years and wants something more road oriented. Found one locally that was advertised as in excellent condition with a scratch on the left hand side that could easily be polished out, no accidents, etc, sounded great. When we saw it today, well let’s just say the seller was a complete liar, the bike has been down on both sides, scratches on the engine cases both sides, cracked fairing, road rash on the left hand side fairing, bent gear lever, on the right hand side, lots of scratches on the bottom of the fairing, very badly bent rear brake pedal, small dent in exhaust, both passenger grab rails scratched, etc. it has clearly been in a few spills and none of them stationary!! My daughter likes the bike but I am not finding many for sale, so thought I would ask if any TWTer was selling one? I am in north Dallas so would prefer something in that area..

Cheers Gary

I have a 2015 with aftermarket bars and a leo vince pipe, 4500 miles, but it won't be in Texas till my next trip home from Arizona (April??). All good, very clean but with one left garage wall tipover. My son Sid noticed it had scratches a few weeks ago. Said, "Dad, did you drop the 500?". I said, nope, been there since I bought it 3 years ago. The pipe came off our race bike, with slight scuffs. I have the original, perfect, muffler and header in a box. But, they sound so horrible stock.

But, why the CBR500R? You can get a low mileage Ninja 300 for a lot less. The performance is identical, maybe even better on the 300 with a lighter rider.

Last edited:
Thanks shadman, as stated my daughter has been riding her crf250x for 2 years and wanted something more sports oriented, so we looked at a few bikes, I thought a 300 ninja would not be much quicker than her current 250 and thought the 500 would have more torque and be fun to ride, also my daughter likes the look of the latest 500 (but her budget won’t stretch to a 2016 model). Maybe we need to take a closer look at a 300 ninja.
Thanks for the suggestion

Gary

Back