• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Versys 650 ABS LT

BILL N

Reaction score
Hello all,

Well, I thought I could give up riding but 3 years and a divorce later, I've got the bug again (plus I miss you guys :) I'm looking at the 2017 Versys 650 ABS LT. Seems like a lot of bike for half the price I paid for my Concours 14 a few years ago. Any thoughts or experiences with this bike?

Thanks, Bill

My wife loved her Versys, non ABS model. Lots of pep for a 650. She rode it to Oregon and back one time. Plenty of power and speed. A little light in the crosswinds on I10 in west Texas. Good bike....

I just did a little 2000 mile ride up to New Mexico and West Texas - mine's not "LT" or "ABS", just plain old Versys 650, 2010. I think the Versys is one under-appreciated bike; pretty darn ugly (at least to 2010's and earlier) but quick & nimble, versatile, fun, cheap and relatively easy to work on. It won't cruise as easy at 100 as your Connie - it'll do it, but you need to wind it up quite a bit to get there - something I don't like doing for very long stretches - but I'm comfortable in the 80's for a long as I-10 is. Probably not too fun if you are doing 2-up riding, but I can pack 40 lbs or so of gear on there without affecting the handling too much.

So: yeah, I'd recommend you at least give one a good test ride.

Back