• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMWGS up to challenge

I know a couple of borderline local pro riders that went and tried it a couple of times. Never made main show. I see no way for a 1200 to compete if the course is as difficult as it has been in the past.

Last edited:
You're right, but the pictures only show extreme stuff, there is some amount of actual trail riding involved also.

I hate that trail and trial are spelled so simlar, I always have to stop and look to make sure my brain is reading it the correct way so I know what I'm picturing in my head is correct.

Geez though, this would be something to see for sure. Would be nice to spectate. I imagine he'll not make it but will display some impressive riding and will potentially embarrass a few riders. Something akin to a trackday instructor rolling out the goldwing.

Gimmick ride. Business must be down. GSes are good for hauling across large expanses at speed. They have the power and a wide band. Think northern African desert, Mid-Australia, etc. They don't suck as bad as Ultra Classic Electra Glides and Gold Wings on rough trails, but they are not good single track bikes.

I think it's a little more than a gimmick but you're pretty close. Tom is a beast and will do more than folks think he can. But I truly believe he's in over his head.Unless there's easy go arounds! lol

Event is this weekend, this is his preface photo. Be interesting to see, 1- how he does 2-if makes Sunday's final rounds(doubtful to me) 3-what bike looks like afterwards, lol.
Hope I'm wrong and he makes a good showing! Nice guy.

Attachments

• 20767756_10203539405161903_6867868870667123393_n.jpg
    20767756_10203539405161903_6867868870667123393_n.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 134
From the photos I saw, he did good, but he also timed out and didn't make the 2nd round. Couple of videos floating around, he made a big log crossing look like child play, but then came to some kind of really gnarly hill, really had trouble. Video stopped before he did or didn't get up it. Super try anyway. Be on the lookout for a lightly used GSA. lol!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqPZEFbts5E"]**** Hill - YouTube[/ame]

Once you lose momentum on the big bikes on a hill, it is usually REALLY hard to get restarted without going back down and making another run at it.

Once you lose momentum on the big bikes on a hill, it is usually REALLY hard to get restarted without going back down and making another run at it.

Not sure how much of this you followed, but that isn't just any hill, lol! It's called **** hill for a reason. And that is on the amateur loop, worse ones for the pros.

Not sure how much of this you followed, but that isn't just any hill, lol! It's called **** hill for a reason. And that is on the amateur loop, worse ones for the pros.

Yeah, I caught that. It doesn't take much of a hill to stop a GS if things are loose/slippery! I was a amazed he topped it! :zen:

Yep, he eventually hour'd out and the made him go back to camp. He stated in the video that he was pretty OK to continue, but they forced him to turn back.

Back